Why did Persona 3 have to ruin the series?

Why did Persona 3 have to ruin the series?

Attached: __amano_maya_and_maia_persona_and_1_more_drawn_by_kazuma_kaneko_and_megumi_shiraishi__8a30b98bc93695322c93453defad9428.jpg (1024x768, 110.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-0yb31Ytl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BURN MY BREAD

youtube.com/watch?v=W-0yb31Ytl0

It did not
Persona 3 is much better than P1 and P2

what are p1 and p2 like? i started with 3 fes and loved it and 4, 5 was pretty good too but i liked it the least of the three that i played

I really love P2's art direction. The later games are so boring in comparison.

Attached: 1490875862-3920060098.png (1988x1818, 3.21M)

Actually it was SMT Nocturne that ruined all future megaten games

If you hate JRPGs and love Visual Novels, sure.

It really didn't. 3 was a pretty cool game that tried to marry old ideas with the new ones, despite the faults.

1 is a dungeon crawler. 2 is still a dungeon crawler but with a way more engaging story. 2 is more grindy in my opinion but the PSP versions play themselves effectively if you want an easy ride through the story.

I haven't finished P2 but it just sort of played itself.

P1 still has a good story if you're into talking with every fucking npc that's out there, but sure, P2 handled it much better.

I think 3 and onwards should have been named something else

>implying P2 wasn't a garbage ass jrpg and a good vn too

Nah, that would be Persona 4 and Golden.

The real question is why does Persona have to ruin Devil Summoner?

The gameplay isn't that good but the story and writing is great. 2 also has the best character in the series.

Attached: 1639587244755.png (500x375, 269.92K)

I've been thinking about SH2 and what the fuck is that. It seems that it belongs to neither timeline be it OG or P3+. It's shit.

OG and P3+ is still the same timeline.

I mean in a sense of being connected. Like, after P3 I can't remember any mention of anything related to if... or DS series. It feels as a different shit altogether, even if it's supposed to be a continuation of P2EP side.

Kirijo Group is literally part of the Nanjo Group and it's a plot point in P3. P2 characters also show up on TV.

Shit like that? Yeah. And yet it becomes irrelevant after P3? Fighting games maybe, yeah, yeah. What about DS clans? That broad from if...? At least in P2 we had full cameos that play a significant role of DS, if..., P1 cast. With the way world of persona looks now, previous series irrelevant and all cameos on TV may be regarded as non-canon. My point is that modern Persona world is so distant from all series than it was in P2 era. And SH2 looks like shit in any side. Wouldn't be surprised if it's in a continuity of TMS.

P2's art direction is the same as almost every other SMT game before it. It's snooze-inducing melodramatic piano pieces trying its absolute best to be atmospheric while Persona 3 is stylish, unique and memorable.

>generic j-pop with stupid lyrics
wow so unique, so memorable

>Shit like that? Yeah. And yet it becomes irrelevant after P3?
You mean just like how P3 is irrelevant to 4 and 4 is irrelevant to 5? They simply decided to make the games standalone and keep references to absolutely minimum cameo that only ever references the previous game.
P4 references 3, but nothing earlier.
P5 references 4 but nothing earlier, it doesn't reference 3 either, does that mean 3 isn't canon just because it doesn't get referenced in 5?
Because that's what you imply.
They just transitioned into standalone model to not alienate new audiences and normies that could feel like they're missing out and not buy the game as a result of that intimidation.
Kuzunoha are still around doing their shit as usual, we just don't see them because that's kinda the point, being a secret organization.
And yes it's different but let me put it this way, is current world not also DRASTICALLY different from the 90s? Because it is, time moves on.
Also, Phantom Society is in SH2 and the shark teeth guy is almost certainly Kyouji, just saying.