Lynchian games

Are there any games that feel like a David Lynch movie?

Attached: Lost.Highway.1997.576p.BDRip.x264-HANDJOB.mkv (00.29.25.583) [2022.05.20 23.20.53].jpg (1024x436, 79.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9EXoayAVGJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only harvester and even then barely

No.

Nier Replicant

Absolute closest there's ever been is probably Who's Lila?, and even that doesn't really make it.

Disco Elysium
Deadly Premonition
Evil Within 2
Kentucky Route Zero

Not even close.

feels more like a Tarkovsky film to me

Seconding Harvester. Maybe Deadly Premonition fits as well, kinda.
But in truth, you can only replicate Lynchian imagery and feel on a surface-level. The spirituality and sincerity is what ties it all together.
He obviously draws a lot of inspiration from films such as Sunset Boulevard and Persona but his works are wholly his own and are nigh impossible to imitate properly.
It would most likely be much easier to develop a style of your own than to try and make something that closely resembles Lynch's works..

Deadly Premonition is pure surface-level in its attempts to imitate Lynch. I love the game and its setting and its own supernatural elements, but it is nowhere near Lynchian.

>Evil Within 2
not at all

any games that feel like this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=9EXoayAVGJc

If you allow media or game-adjacent works in general though, then Town of Veins is probably the closest I've seen to Lynch being done outside of Lynch himself. But like everything else, it's only barely Lynchian.

Nobody can actually replicate Lynchian imagery in the pure sense. You will only ever find various levels of poor imitation.

The Silver Case, Flower Sun and Rain.

>you can only replicate Lynchian imagery and feel on a surface-level
but that's all there is to lynch

Filtered

Paratopic, kinda.

alan wake, silent hill 2

>alan wake
Draws far more from Stephen King than anything by Lynch, to the point the former is literally named in the opening narration. There's nothing Lynchian about Alan Wake.

LYNCHED

elaborate on that