Sony Expects PS5 Will Be its “Biggest Ever Platform"

(twinfinite.net/2022/05/sony-playstation-business-segment-briefing/)

>Sony is hosting its 2022 business segment briefings and Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan held a presentation related to the PlayStation Business.

>Ryan mentioned that the PlayStation enjoyed a year of record earnings despite the recent transition that is considered “extremely strong.”

>Sony is convinced that PS5 will be its “Biggest ever platform.” Purchase interest is almost double compared to the same period in the PS4 life cycle.

>PS5 also has the highest engagement ever measured over seven different key categories. These are also stronger than expectations.

>Game monetization on 15% higher on PS4 than it was at the same time in its lifetime.

>Sony is planning to continuously increase the production of PS5 closing the gap with PS4 in its third year, and then overtaking the older console in its 4th year. The plan is to continue growing production to the highest point ever for the PlayStation brand

>Sony is planning to increase investment in new IP to 50% by the Fiscal Year 2025 (March 2025). They also plan to invest 55% in live services by the same timeframe.

>By March 2025 they also expect to be running 12 live service games.

>Speaking of PC releases, we hear that Horizon Zero Dawn sold 2.398 million copies, Day Gone sold 852,000 copies, while God of War sold 971,000 copies.

>Sony also plans to expand on mobile, co-developing top IP with industry leaders, establishing internal development studios and projects, and building a world-class publishing team and tools.

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-4.jpg (1436x804, 137.28K)

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-2.jpg (1428x803, 87.51K)

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-6.png (1434x799, 592.24K)

Maybe they should say that AFTER they stop getting bogged down by chip shortages and lack of supplies.

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-8.png (1432x801, 721.85K)

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-7.png (1434x804, 576.64K)

Thanks OP keep posting the pics

>increase investment in new IP to 50%
Oh boy, more 3rd person over-the-shoulder cinematic "masterpieces" with ugly female leads
>By March 2025 they also expect to be running 12 live service games
Just die at this point

Noooooo Xbox xisters! I thought we were winning! ACK!

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-5.png (1439x808, 509.54K)

Lol keep seething dumbfuck

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-4.png (1436x804, 627.61K)

>Oh boy, more 3rd person over-the-shoulder cinematic "masterpieces" with ugly female leads
You laugh but this is what people want.

>implying those units were sold to individuals and not scalpers
>sony still not giving a fuck units site idle instead of in hands of snoys who buy games

i hate sony with each passing month. liars and cheats.

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-26.png (1431x803, 244.87K)

Attached: file.png (1410x474, 120.53K)

I mean, it is. Its a fucking giant underpowered piece of tech. The marketing made me laugh about sony ponies jerking off to the idea of an ssd, which pc and nintendo already had lol

>Sucking themselves off this hard over arguably the worst PlayStation line-up ever

Attached: kirbo.gif (404x498, 445.94K)

Cope and seethe

Attached: PlayStation-Business-Segment-Briefing-38.png (1435x799, 424.15K)

PS3 will be the last playstation

Nothing to cope or seethe about. you can shit on them all you want, they will still sell.

why do you faggots keep insisting on this narrative when the official profit numbers show they are making more money than ever

>Nintendork comes into a Sony thread just to shitpost because seeing Sony thrive causes him pain
Get help dude

>>Sony is planning to increase investment in new IP to 50% by the Fiscal Year 2025 (March 2025).
They are coming bros, the games are finally coming

>Psfag can't get their hands on the ps5
>HEHEHE LOOK THERE IS A HIGH DEMAND HEHEHEH Any Forums BTFO
The absolute state of resetranny

Because he doesn’t care about facts just shitposting I don’t even like 4/5 Sony games but the copium these faggots huff over Sonys success is hilarious

where did it all go wrong

Attached: CTZf6D9.jpg (1024x901, 123.44K)

These numbers really crazy despite all the shortages.

>Expects to increase market share over PS4 with the PS5.

Gonna be a hard fucking sell there, the PS4 was competing with the Xbone and WiiU, which practically killed themselves before release. Now Xbox has Gamepass and Activision and the Switch owns Japan and has insane adoption rate. PS5 will probably be crazy profitable but I can't see their market share going up significantly

wow cool fucking post dude. SONY SAYS THEYRE GONNA H AVE THE BIGGEST PLATFORM YET? no way. I figured the project exec would go into the board meeting and say "We're planning on this being smaller than ps4". this was a complete surprise and is totally something worth discussing

Soul
Soulless

I hope Nintendo continues to curbstomp Sony in Japan until they realise they need to do something drastic like buy a Japanese publisher

The amount of staff that made all of those games is not enough to make a full AAA game these days, the budget of a single AAA game these days eclipses all of those combined, that's where it all went wrong.

most of these games are still being made, but they arent stupid enough to stay exclusive to sony anymore.

I'm genuinely surprised they haven't openly had major talks with Sega, Capcom and Squenix. I'm not googling values so I don't know what it'd take to buy any of them, but at least a second party or something. They're pretty much exclusively surviving on goodwill from the PS4, which was honestly the simplest job possible. I can't see a lot of normies going for PS5 when there is no guarantee of future CoD or Elder Scrolls 6, which faggots love.

do you fucking morons even read what is being posted cause it seems like you don't. the numbers are suggesting that there is a bigger demand for the ps5. with all the scalping going on that "narrative" is false when scalpers are purchasing more units than one individual consumer does at one time. it could be 3 or 4 playstation 5s that the faggot scalper buys but that does not meet the exact number of units in demand by the population by head count. now take all the scalpers that got consoles and this lowers the units that were purchased and therefore in demand by the public at large.

i never once disputed their profit margins in anything i posted. im simply stating that sony is lying about the fact that ps5 is more in demand than the ps4 when they are gone in minutes on websites and apps because bots are buying up all the fucking stock. sony is making profits and that is not arguable. even more so when $70 games start being the norm. also ive owned a ps4, i own a ps4 pro and ps3.

How is this possible? I haven't even SEEN a ps5 irl and I work at Walmart. They don't even sell them in stores due to faggot scalpers.