Who was the better protagonist?

Who was the better protagonist?

Attached: 1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 136.5K)

John

red harlow

I went into Red Dead 2 expecting to hate Arthur, ended up liking him more than John.

>le epic generic gruff white guy in his 30s

That's what most of us thought, honestly. It's what made him so great. The fact he had to live up to easily Rockstar's greatest protagonist at that point, and still managed to surpass him. John is still absolutely kino though.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130.35K)

McCree

Same

Arthur by far. John is a fuckin fag.

Red Harlow

>>le epic generic gruff white guy in his 30s
they both were the same guy and it was a huge larp. The overwhelming majority of "cowboys" were either Mexican or Native American or both. All these cowboy games are revisionist history LARPing for white bois

Attached: 1606914963268.jpg (1080x1331, 439.73K)

Yeah you just described 90% of all cowboys

So RDR2 was Rockstar's swan song right?

*American Indian

arthur seems like designed by committee to be as much like john as possible without being called john, just more handsome.

Tfw rdr is forgotten

Arthur by a mile. The dude has way more character depth and greater moments of introspection than John. He's got more dramatic personal relationships and develops a much deeper repertoire with the characters he meets. He's written as being a lot more clever than John which gives more moments for comedy. John is just kind of static and his voice actor isn't as engaging. He has his moments, but he has that early Rockstar character quality to him where his default emotion is annoyed agitation over the shit people want him to do.

I found the Prologue of RDR2 unbearable because even when wondering around, John's interactions were not as enjoyable as Arthur's had been. When Arthur was being kind, he sounded more compassionate, when he was being mean, he had a lot more venom or a more mocking lilt to his words. John's voice is just grating.

They're equal to me

>save a guy near saint denis
>fully animated amputation at the doctor's clinic
>sleep in saloon
>same guy I saved gets hanged
Loving the small details in this game so far

Attached: 40ye17.jpg (1276x720, 64.58K)

You mean the epilogue? Yeah, I hate how they make John act somewhat of an awkward teenager akin to his son at the end of RDR1.

He's trying not to blow his cover AND please Abigail at the same time.
But let's not forget they all had her.

>Be cowboy on the run with wife
>"Say what's your name sir?"
>Uhhhhh, uhhhhhh uhhhhhh juh uhhhhh jooohhn No! Jaaaaa juuuuu joooo Jim! Yes JIM! jimmmmmmo jimmy Jimmuhhhhhh Milton! Jim Milton! Yep that's me!
C'mon John......you had hours on a fucking horse and carriage to figure out a fucking name, it shouldn't be a surprise to you....

Jim Milton Rides Again is absolutely kino though. Might be the best mission in any Rockstar game. Watching as the farmers who thought he was just a quiet farmhand absolutely slaughter an entire gang effortlessly and single handedly while a remixed version of the RDR theme is kino..

Why have the cunts at Rockstar still not ported RDR1 to PC, despite releasing its sequel on it? I want to play #1 first, and its still not able to be finished on PS3 emulator without crash.

Dan Houser's departure sealed the deal. Judging by the timing and the way he left I'd say he knew RDR2 will be his farewell gift. AFAIK only one person remained from the old guards, his brother, Sam. But since he's a company man for quite a while instead of a proper game developer his presence doesn't move the needle anyway.

Codes spaghetti apparently. Would need to be developed from the ground up. Allegedly.

Dan was literally a gamer well before GTAIII and the lead writer. His departure was a sign of things to come. Between that, Lazlow and Leslie, not to mention the fact they're STILL shilling GTAOnline, yeah I'd say it's over.

Fitting for a spaghetti western themed vidya game.

Attached: 1594512417458.jpg (600x600, 34.54K)

I got just the team!

Attached: 1653521423544.jpg (340x148, 13.33K)