Hey anons, usually this is frowned upon, but awhile ago some other user posted an archive of ready-to-play games...

hey anons, usually this is frowned upon, but awhile ago some other user posted an archive of ready-to-play games. one of them was Wolfenstein 2009 and i lost the link. does anybody mind reposting that? its a bitch to get it running

also i guess wolfenstein thread

Attached: qkgGW9S.jpg (1600x1200, 295.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chrisalanlantz.wixsite.com/retrorequiem
mega.nz/file/GstilZrR#pl6TM0Tqy4IDNNbO92ZaR4dhsAVH6b6iIxGktqkucOs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you can just go to any torrent site dude
also i think all wolf games are mediocre at best with the exception of enemy territory

thats fair but older repacks are weird and this one was ready to go

also i hard disagree. RTCW and Old Blood are great FPS games in their own right. the pacing of OB in particular is fantastic

If it's abandonware user's website, he took his site down a year ago sadly. It used to be this link:
chrisalanlantz.wixsite.com/retrorequiem

Attached: 1561486636533.png (816x1000, 1.05M)

THAT MAN IS A SPY

Attached: 81ExSDNSiML._SL1500_.jpg (1500x844, 134.65K)

WE'RE TAKING FIRE

Attached: _var_www_splatterladder_root.forum.splatterladder.com_uploads_gallery_med_gallery_9164_314_109477.jpg (750x600, 52.35K)

What are your hopes and fears for Wolfenstein 3?

BJ WE NEED YOU DEFENDING US WITH THE MG42

After the couple previous Wolfenstein games, one that was nearly sony-levels of moviegame and another with one of the worst design decisions you could make in an fps?
Lol

I still think Wolfenstein 3D is in the Hall of Fame FPS echelon for being as well designed as it was for the time, and introducing some great FPS fundamentals that future games would perfect. RTCW and ET would get in, too. Everything after has been decent or complete dogwater.

Attached: 1651763469525.png (1873x786, 268.28K)

SPION

i really dont care how groundbreaking a game was at release, if its not good right now then its not good period. also funnily enough when i was a kid i always thought wolfenstein 3d was just a shitty rip-off of doom, it was literally outdated 9 months after release

>9 months
It was 18 months from May, 1992 - December, 1993.

Reminder that with Microsoft buying Activision, Wolf09 will become available to buy again.

>install wolf ET since it appeared on steam
>end wasting 8 hours every time i decide to play a few maps

i knew it came out in 92 because thats the year i was born but somehow thought it was 9 months, ye my bad

Trying to play Wolf ET in 2022 is like trying to play TF2 in 2022, you gotta know what to do, or you're going to have a miserable time. Bethesda just threw the game onto Steam with no forethought about how it's going to be completely unplayable and frustrating for any newbie expecting it to work right out of the box. You gotta download ETLegacy, because the shitty servers that show up normally are all bots and fuck your menus up.

honestly i just hope they look back at NuOrder and realize what made that game work:

- larger arenas where you can fight/flight instead of linear corridors
- good story pacing that doesn't drag on (WolfII ran on all cylinders until they ran out of budget halfway)
- balancing the game so the hardest difficulty is actually fun (instead of cancer) and BJ isn't made out of paper
- characters that get proper arcs and aren't thrown to the wayside
- actual boss fights
- STOP FORCING SHITTY STEALTH SECTIONS

unlike alot of ppl- i still enjoyed WolfII beyond partisan politics. but it really did feel like the devs lost sight of the tight gameplay loop and story beats that made the first two good. the ending to this game is indefensible

It is what it is - a relatively forgotten FPS from 2003 that hasn't received any updates and is entirely reliant on the community for fixes. Happens whenever I try to play any old multiplayer FPS.
Oh btw OP, I still have that link to the download that was on the site you're talking about. This is how I was able to play it on modern systems a year and a half ago.
mega.nz/file/GstilZrR#pl6TM0Tqy4IDNNbO92ZaR4dhsAVH6b6iIxGktqkucOs

Attached: 1607461089053.jpg (220x220, 17.62K)

i'm using it
i just ignore the "you need a new version of ET"
and i can play on the usual servers i was playing 10 years ago
>going to try to take screenshot of the server list
>get error
well thats new

finally someone talking about that archive. what games did we like or hate the most?
the most disappointing were those ghost recons. way better on console, wtf was that shit?
currently playing the chronicles of riddick. surprisingly good game

Attached: GettyImages-183804593-c-864606f.jpg (933x397, 56.52K)

good points, here a few changes I'd make:
>remove sprint
>buff BJ's base speed
>automatically pickup all health/armor/ammo except for when it would overheal, or at least be able to simply hold down the use key instead of being forced to spam it
Those 3 things would immensely make the new series more enjoyable for me.

Attached: hpitmnyx40941.jpg (1920x1080, 281.45K)

Rare photo of RTCW in its beta. As you can see, the weapon models are more centered, and there's no reserve ammo.

Attached: 2x71zBq.jpg (640x480, 53.37K)

That would be cool.

Attached: 5040cd370b9bb02494e14247d51f06c34.jpg (800x600, 198.71K)

BLAZKOWICZ, MEET US AT THE GATES!

Really came away disliking New Order and I don't know what people see in it.

remember that tno came out in 2014, people were literally starving for singleplayer fps at that time. nowadays its nothing short of mediocre compared to whats on offer now