Why did FS drop the DS2 engine? Why can't we have good shadows, physics and framerate anymore?

Why did FS drop the DS2 engine? Why can't we have good shadows, physics and framerate anymore?

Attached: ds2-torch.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

because ds2 looked like shit?

Frame rate realy is marvelous in this one. I had a PC thst choked at times on 1 and couldn't run 3, but Scholar had 60fps all the time

>Why can't we have good shadows,
They just forgot about them

Elden ring looks like on the right as well

Attached: ds2-vs-ds3.jpg (3838x1080, 1.35M)

B-Team is the answer, user.
A-Team probably had more experience with their main engine considering all their games were using it, so they probably decided to keep using the one they already had more experience with.
Don't forget that From Software are absolutely incompetent when it comes to the technical aspects of creating a videogame.
Who knows what reasoning lies behind their decision making processes.

funny how the actual games dont seem to reflect your screenshots

It's literally screenshot from the game

Attached: ds2-looks-good.webm (480x270, 2.93M)

nice screenshot. DS2 is the best Souls game, on every single metric (except deadzone)

Because their games sells 20 million+ anyway

Crysis 3 on ps3 looks like shit. Better drop cryengine 3.

>screenshot
>posts webm
Btfo, chud.

nice stairs LMAO
really like how you cant see anything cause the darks are so cranked up. truly this is a stylistic choice and not just trying to hide the shitty graphics

You sound completely deranged

Cope & seethe

Attached: Dark Souls II B.jpg (1600x900, 291K)

i aint the one pretending ds2 looks good

I liked how the soldiers walked retarded. It was pretty creepy. I wish we got another souls game like 2.

ds2 trannys are delusional

Attached: DS2 deadzone.webm (480x360, 1.93M)

Attached: DS2 engine.webm (1280x720, 2.28M)

this looks like the only truly next gen game ive ever seen

>instant 180 attacks without any turn animation
DS2 is so shit

>deadzone
ok retard

TW3 pre downgrade looked next gen as well.

>Why did FS drop the DS2 engine?
Because there were more important issues with the way the mechanics and hitboxes worked. Personally I think Fromsoft needs to reevaluate what they want from their games. For all the fast action that keeps on getting implemented, the long input delay still remains the same that it makes combat more about guessing that reacting. I can hear the click of my controller button for a dodge and still die because how slow everything is to register. Fromsoft have lost touch again, thank fuck their next game is Armored Core 6.

Attached: 1592528786408.png (1140x760, 1.86M)

Attached: ds2 and ds3.jpg (3784x1080, 1.03M)

>DS2 engine
from has used the same engine for every souls game, including sekiro and bloodborne.

Nope, DS2 was completely different engine, used even a different physics engine (havok). Every other from game uses Sony's PhyreEngine

this is bait no one is this retarded

>havok
im actually not sure about demons, but they all use havok.

Havok has been a staple of Fromsoft games since Demon Souls. The Havok engine works in conjunction with other engines.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-25 162836.png (585x266, 43.04K)