Will Immersive sims ever make a comeback? I never understood why it went out of style

Will Immersive sims ever make a comeback? I never understood why it went out of style.

Attached: 1646005785655.png (2560x854, 1.2M)

What a retarded name. Thank god it went out of style. It's literally just 1st/3rd person action games that want to be "high-brow".

needs high IQ to enjoy, so

Immersive sims weren't a real genre, they were only made by one company
when it went under so did they

The OP image proves you wrong instantly

Immersive sims were only made by Looking Glass studios and their successors Ion Storm and Arkane

arkane just larps as looking glass theres no direct lineage

there is, same staff members

eventually yes, but now that arkane doesnt make imsims anymore and theyre basically impossible for a small budget indie team we'll just have to wait until some triple-A publisher picks them up again

an indie team could make a thief or deus ex clone

You don't need a big team for them, but you do need it if you want a shit ton of polish.

theres been a several attempts at indie imsims in the past 5 years and theyve all been fucking disastrous, until someone proves otherwise i dont believe its possible for an indie team to accomplish

This is a more retarded name than MOBA.

Deus Ex and Thief look like absolute ass graphically, it's definitely possible

its not about graphics...wtf

graphics are the hard part of game development, that's what puts things out of reach of the indies
an indie can make almost anything, so long as it has simple graphics

>immersive sim

It's just a stupid marketing term for janky first person RPGs.
I should know, I'm making one.

There is some minor legitimacy to the terminology if you consider how things are implemented by the programmer ("simulated/emergent" object properties instead of hardcoded interactions), but nobody gives a shit about that.

you do know that graphics have nothing to do with indie imsims being bad, right?

Would the most recent Prey count as an immersive sim?

yeah, that's why I'm saying, an indie can do it
just because someone made some bad attempts doesn't mean it's not possible

absolutely, and it was actually a great game despite what some might say. It may genuinely be the last great IMSIM we have for a while

>Immersive sim

Attached: 1475612454171.png (250x151, 43.33K)

you have 3 or 4 horrendous imsims that are all kinds of fucking broken and again graphics have nothing to do with that, imsims require a ton of work not the least of which playtesting which indies are just not capable of. if all you have are bad attempts then im not going to assume you can make a good one until it actually is released

>imsims require a ton of work
nah they don't, something like thief or dx is really just as much work as an ordinary FPS

Could you name some? Haven't really noticed them come out.

Immersive sims can only really work in non-open world games where you have small intricate maps that are designed back to front in multiple ways and styles of approach. Theres no spectacle in non-open world games to normal fags now and they're seen as just inferior so we'll never get AAA ones ever again.
Weird West also failed massively at being an immersive sim despite constantly calling itself that, its just a top down shooter where you can sometimes stack boxes to get through a window.