Tetris, if you are good at it.

Skyrim, Minecraft.

Life

Tetris, if you're good enough.

if a game is defined as something you can play with, the answer is my dick

my penis haha

The Longing

fag

According to How Long To Beat, the longest game with a completable story is World of Tanks Blitz, with an average of 2412 hours across all playstyles.

That actually works really well for this thread

Off the top of my head "The longing" is the longest I can think of, as it asks you to wait 400 real life days to beat it.
Only it does kinda cheat and time passes while its closed, and you can do things to speed up time depending on how comfortable your guy is (for example I beat it and I only have 39 hours ingame).
If you think that disqualifies it then probably some random JRPG holds the title, or if you count games that don't really end I guess an MMO or a sandbox game could also be king.

If we're discussing game length it would be stupid to count anything other than the "main story" questline and maybe a few side quests.

In that case, I think Persona 5 is probably one of the longest singleplayer ones out there, sitting at 97,5 hours on HLTB for the main story alone, with Royal at 103 hours

>youtube.com/watch?v=j5CBhPDQDr4
still one of the best Any Forums musicals

DECLARATION: POORLY WORDED INQUIRY. MORE SPECIFICS ARE REQUIRED TO ADDRESS.
QUALIFYING QUESTION: ARE SANDBOX STYLED GAMES INCLUDED?

green is not a creative color

what game, that has a definite win state, takes the longest to complete, on average, assuming a player's intent to actually finish the game

Cookie Clicker.

Define what you mean by "longest". There are any number of games that can arbitrarily be played for an indefinite period of time.

This is the story of user, the loneliest boy in town.

This is the story of user, the ugliest boy in town. Ugly and weak, they called him a freak,
So he lived on his own underground
He lived on his own underground
He lived on his own underground

Metal Gear Solid 4

i'd say persona 5 if we strictly talk about single player games with an actual ending.
multiplayer games simply don't have an ending, so they shouldn't count

Iron Man mode Old School RuneScape all quests completed and all 99s?
EVE?