WHY GAMING IS DYING

All 10 most played games in the USA are mostly online live service and casual games like Minecraft, Fortnite, Call of Duty and Madden NFL. That’s were all the money is at. Not even Elden Ring, which is the best selling recent single player focus game by far, matters in comparison. Moreover, mobile games are even more popular.

In 2022, no one cares about the types of games (fantasy RPGs, hardcore action games) that Any Forums circlejerks about. They’re a niche hobby that’s not finding an audience.

gamespot.com/amp-articles/npds-most-played-games-list-of-q1-doesnt-include-elden-ring/1100-6503772/

Attached: 89FBB41A-1295-40D4-96A2-795BCA443FF6.jpg (750x1000, 61.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.today/2022.05.25-190418/https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/editorial-why-games-should-enter-the-public-domain
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How horrifying.

Attached: 1653250241662s.jpg (250x241, 6.67K)

If you make a mobile tapping game or an ultra casual shooter playable by everybody, you'll make a lot of money
There's a lot of games I don't play like anything snoy makes because I don't enjoy third person action adventures with stealth elements
But it doesn't mean they aren't popular or make inconceivable amounts of money

No shit sherlock.
Good games are barely being made ever since like 2009

I see.

>redditjak
go back

Attached: redditragecomicsare4chanculture.gif (680x524, 836.38K)

>I really care about what The Herd is playing
play the games that you like
>the beer industry is dying, bud light is the best selling beer and it tastes like watered piss!
drink beer that you like

>The most played games of the year are games that constantly get updated
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES, SPREAD THE NEWS: OP is a faggot

Sometimes I forget there are still people playing AAA games

Attached: Graviteam_SlippyTank_ns.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

capitalism eventually ruins everything. its a curve. capitalism improves product and then it goes downhill because it wants to appeal to EVERYONE
that's why Hollywood is a joke, etc.

ditto, poor bastards

It's only dying in the mainstream market, indie and small titles always coming out and that's where the real gaming is now, the other side is morons / consoleros / mutts who play dumb shit from AAA jews lol

Based.

Attached: 1647884532357 (1).jpg (1244x949, 388.09K)

fr fr no cap shit bussin
old boomers can't handle our future flexin' with always updatin
SHEESH

Attached: iq3udkvg.jpg (340x630, 23.95K)

But bro, indie only means pixel shit. That's the only thing 'indie' could ever possibly mean.

Attached: 1653251870190.png (680x456, 444.35K)

This but unironically elden faggot (which is a zoomer game btw)

>le 2012 rage comics are le funny xD

user, no! Americans will flood you with replies calling you a commie for saying the truth now!

*Corpo

We'll call him a *Corpo

Good, let them become even more niche.

There are people that actually think that which is sad. Or they'll blanket refuse to play anything early access (aka not backed by a massive publisher)

>the truth
'Capitalism' isn't a man in a tall hat holding a bag of money, user

A lot of the plaging issues with video games would be fixed by making them enter the public domain 20 years after publication, and 30 years for the source code if unreleased.
John Walker from Rock Paper Shotgun was right.
archive.today/2022.05.25-190418/https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/editorial-why-games-should-enter-the-public-domain

at least rage comics didn't overstay their welcome.

excellent
that means only smaller developers with a passion for video games will make the ones I care about

>There are people that actually think that
Let them
>Good, let them become even more niche.

Attached: 1653257382079.gif (150x150, 284.48K)

we get it you're from reddit

wojak whistles as racist and right-wing, so it has more memetic power

>2022
>playing anything other than Thief fan missions
Not sure how you guys do it.

ho'kay

Attached: 1652975674770.gif (500x281, 1.93M)

The very definition of braphogs

bbecause you are a faggot that doesn't play games or like games that aren't LE BIG SELLER and only look for heavily advertised trash

early access is a scam