Mass Effect

>Turians literally came up to a group of Humans and started shooting them with no explanation
>Started a war where they fucked up humans
>Only happened 30 years ago, still fresh in people's minds
>"Woooooow, why are Ashley and Presley so hecking racist to the Turians?"
Why are Mass Effect troons like this?

Attached: Normandy_-_victus.jpg (600x691, 53.08K)

>Jacob's Dad ship crashed 10 years ago
>They still all have thermal clips, none of their guns have regenerating ammo
???

Attached: mass effect 2.png (868x847, 1.08M)

Because Garrus is the main Turian you hang out with so people forget he's not like the average Turian.

>Turians
opened e621 and stopped reading there
garrus my love

Attached: 1501750296355.gif (200x200, 2M)

>Why are Mass Effect troons like this?
The American public education system, and first world country (China/Rus excluded) education in general.
The past several decades has all placed an emphasis on championing those who 'cannot' defend themselves. An overemphasis on the holocaust, the civil rights movement, etc, has led people to believe that anyone not in the majority group can do no wrong, despite sometimes overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Couldn't they have facilities or supplies to manufacture some ammo?
It would be insane for a military ship to not have stocks or a way to make ammo, at least to a limited extent.
Plus, it is not like they were waging war where they were. They probably weren't using that much ammo.

They were racists against everyone. Not just Turians.
And on some level you have to judge people/aliens individually rather than through the actions of unrelated people of the same race 3 decades prior.

turians r sexye

c:

I said that to someone when they got mad at the navigator guy was suspicious of Nihlus and got "Was HE shooting humans though?"
Like the Navigator guy even admits he's being a bit too harsh suspecting Nihlus specifically but he's more talking about the Turian government.

It's okay, they are hot.

Attached: Garrus Sultry.png (302x389, 225.95K)

Why did they have thermal clips instead of regenerating ammo, when the switch to Thermal clips happened during the 2 years Shepherd was dead between mass effect 1 and 2?
The ship crashed 10 years ago, not 2 years ago

What does you being mentally ill have to do with the question?

Because games always sacrifice story for gameplay, goofball.

>you are mentally ill because you like things that I don't like

Attached: reddit soijak.png (180x280, 9.03K)

>you are mentally ill because you like things that I don't like
For thinking a fictional ugly looking alien is hot? Yes.

Yeah.

>"Woooooow, why are Ashley and Presley so hecking racist to the Turians?"
And Turians are racist to humans. Hell, everyone in Mass Effect is a racist. Garrus towards Krogan, Wrex towards Turians, Tali towards Geth, Saren and Balak towards humans etc. Yet for whatever reason Ashley gets the most flak. Not even Presley gets that much hate due to Mass Effect 2 "redeeming" him thanks to the Normandy crash site dlc where his journal reveals that he came to consider the alien crew members as good friends after traveling with them in Mass Effect 1. The funny this is, Ashley does the same by the time of Mass Effect 3, where she outright states that she views Tali as a little sister, Garrus as a good friend, and even says how much she respects Wrex.

Just because you are too dense to recognize objective sexual hotness, doesn't mean people who do are mentally ill, you dumb fuck.

I always felt the 30 years was far too short. I mean, Shepard was born before anyone ever met aliens.
It should have been more like 100 years, long enough for people to get established yet still quite new.

Yeah but they aren't hecking white humies so they can't be racist.
>Implying it's okay to be racist if you later apologize
Uh, wow sweetums...

So then why does the OP complain about people not taking the mass effect timeline seriously, when it's clear the Bioware doesn't take the mass effect timeline seriously?

Attached: Frodokeru.png (256x256, 104.76K)

>Implying it's okay to be racist if you later apologize
My point is that people started viewing Presley in a far more positive light after reading his journal, but didn't do the same for Ashley, even though she had a similar change of heart.

50 would have worked better. It's like the opposite issue Fallout 3 had, it should have occurred closer to Fallout 1's timeframe or even earlier.

Isn't Shepard like 27 or something?

Because people are retards and need it unironically spelt out for them like Presley's journal does. Also they get far more butthurt about Ashley's comment about not being able to tell the aliens and animals apart.

>Yeah but they aren't hecking white humies
>Ashley
>White
No one tell him

Uh, unless you're skin looks like shit, you're a fucking white trash piece of shit, sorry user!

Shepard's 29 in the first game and it was 26 years since first contact.

I hate they toned down how fucked the first contact war in later games.

He's 29 in the first game. He was born in 2154, the First Contact War was 2157, and ME1 takes place in 2183.

None of the guns have regenerating ammo

Did they?

When was Garrus "racists" towards Krogans? He did have some strong feelings on the basis that he was a cop and Krogans always caused trouble. But he seemed to have a pretty good relationship with Wrex once they got used to each other.

Wrex was simply abrasive towards everyone and had a chip on his shoulder about the situation of the Krogans. But he was a dick to everyone, not on basis of specific race.

Tali's people had a fresh and current hostility with the Geth. Their people were, for all they knew, on current open warfare with the Geth and they understood the Geth to be the reason their people became space gypsies. It wasn't racism as much as it was outright hostility between two people at war.

Saren and Balak were definitely racists and they got flak for it. Both of them being villains and slavers. Although with Saren it is difficult to tell how intense his hate for his brother's death was and how much of it was just Sovereign amplifying it.

Aren't Turians a fascist government?

He's pro-abortion and genocide

>Because people are retards and need it unironically spelt out for them like Presley's journal does
But Ashley spells it out for everyone as well. She makes it quite clear how much she cherishes the crew in ME3. In fact, one funny detail in ME3 is that if you dump Ashley for Jack or Miranda, she'll be super pissed, but if you dump her for Tali, she'll be completely okay with it.
>Also they get far more butthurt about Ashley's comment about not being able to tell the aliens and animals apart.
I guess this could be the reason. Since I don't remember Presley making overtly "racist" comments like that.

For whatever dislike Wrex and Garrus had, they got over it fairly quickly. Although I don't think Garrus had any dislike from a racial perspective and more from a professional one, and Wrex was abrasive towards everyone.

I DON'T LIKE PUTTING MY LIFE IN THE HANDS OF A TURIAN SIR

Yeah, because 2 years ago between mass effect 1 and mass effect 2, they switched all the guns to the new guns with thermal clips.
But that ship crashed 10 years ago, before ME1 even started. So they should all have old guns, with infinite ammo and no clips

Attached: Frustrated.jpg (640x480, 47.4K)

Mate, it is one continuity issue. It sucks, but it happens. It is not the end of the world.

No, it's a military-focused meritocratic government.
Basically, the better the soldier you are they higher you go in the government.