The hell happened with the sequel?

The hell happened with the sequel?

Attached: 143cd3c91c34760b4e6e5e4a152fb0be.png (800x1000, 212.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shangmuarchitect.neocities.org/
youtu.be/YD0Aw_NOJGA
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's 41% finished.

Every time...

It got an official release date set for a few months from now. September I think.

At least your game is actually getting updates.

Attached: d9e4fd773864a736c94f40ed0393faa0_original.png (1024x576, 911.11K)

Sequel? More like "the hell happened with the kickstarter goals?".

No torque, spade, or webcomic series. And if sources are to be believed, the dev made BANK on the first game (enough to pay an animator to make a teaser for the 2nd game).

I could go Super Autism about the state of things but it ain't worth it. Between the 2nd game getting multiple delays and general apathy over time, I just want to see this turd come out already.

At least there's the level editor being made by some modder.
shangmuarchitect.neocities.org/

The real question is, what happened with the original? I love it, but they left some huge things unfinished. Two playable characters, whose paths were gonna answer some big hanging plot threads.
Last I heard, they still said they were gonna finish it when they were done the sequel, but who knows at this point.

The screenshots in their steam news post look so cool. I can't believe I'm excited for a game releasing in 2022.

It comes out this fall, I think. They gave release date recently.

SMA isn't a mod, it's a replica.

The engine is the worst thing imaginable. It's held together by duct tape as it was the dev's first game, and changing tiny things would break whole builds. They eventually gave up on the sheer nightmare they created. There's been idle talks of bringing that DLC forward to FP2 though, and FP2 is a proper engine made by people who actually know how to program, so it seems reasonable.

>Engine

I'm going to contest that as Clickteam Fusion is a fine engine. Where things went wrong was getting "Turbocharged" i.e. turning the code into C++. They had to do this to port it to consoles but they had no idea how badly that would fuck them over.

As for the sequel being in Unity, that depends of whether or not Whitehead is still helping them. Even with the framework he built, if shit goes wrong, they are going to need him.

I can't believe it has already been 8 years.

Yeah, by "engine" I meant what they specifically made on top of clickteam.The FP-specific code is a nightmare.

For Unity, I don't think Whitehead is helping them anymore, but they have multiple programmers that I personally know are worth their salt, so if something goes wrong, they're covered. That shouldn't be an issue.

Other than for trolling, Freedom Planet threads don't go anywhere. Just saying.

Also, someone tell the devs to make some proper model sheets. Not that quarter turn shit Tyson Tan made but Professional shit.

Attached: Goshaag.jpg (920x1480, 256.23K)

Post best music of FP2 heard so far
youtu.be/YD0Aw_NOJGA

Attached: AFDDB724-E8A2-4802-A727-69F45BEB1BBE.png (1280x720, 43.55K)

Dev wasted the kickstarter money on his transition surgery.
I'm not joking.

Not a very good joke either as the first game allegedly did "I don't have to work for a decade" money on consoles.

Attached: K.png (1080x678, 238.8K)

After having seen the last SAGE video I see that there are 2 very critical problems that I don't like:
- There is no level with 2 phases. It's only one and it feels short when I see it in the gameplay.
-The animation of the bosses I don't feel well animated, this is something aesthetic but they feel very rigid.
I think that the bosses should have a double phase to feel at least a little more challenge when completing a level. What do you think?

I think that this is shaping up to be the duke nukem forever of indie games

Only 1 act per zone? what the fuck, why? Sonic 2 figured out that 2 acts is the perfect amount 30 god damn years ago.

>Chinese bull dyke sexually assaulting retarded dog child
>"non official fan-comic"
Thanks, Goshaag, I couldn't tell until you put that warning up, imagine if I made that horribly easy mistake

Attached: fffb8d9b581897cd8d80f2698c207c1f.png (1280x9262, 3.86M)

Except in FP1, that didn't work. The levels were too long (even if you ignore the obvious Act 2 transitions).

>Only quarter turn

Real character sheets look like this.

Attached: SurgeModelSheet.jpg (5323x3612, 2.75M)