Final Fantasy 11

FFXI thread.

Are you enjoying the free login period?

Attached: __mithra_final_fantasy_and_1_more_drawn_by_gochou_kedama__bee943e694fc8b390257d4ec08ae7e2e.jpg (675x665, 179.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/fmF3989s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm getting really close to beating the vanilla game story. I just have to go through Castle Zvahl. It took surprisingly little, not even a week into the free trial.

I'll probably register the full version when I beat the final boss.

First time or returning to the game? Either way, how are you enjoying it? I'm always curious.

First time on retail. I'm really enjoying it, especially after experiencing the hellish pain that are classic private servers. My only complaint is that Trusts can be really dumb in fights with multiple mobs, and that in some areas they just seem to place level 80-90 mobs just to fuck with people trying to do the main quests, like in the tunnel you have to pass through to get to the glacier.

anyone else super unlucky with aman trove? i always pick the mimic first try

me im gonna sell my orbs from now on

I wanna return to this game, but I'm on Asura. What's actually bad about being on Asura? Keep seeing people shit on it

it's the shopping server essentially, people merc things there and the AH / bazaars got plenty of stuff, also tons of bots are there but it's the most populated

Attached: 16438455692650.jpg (2200x1600, 2.86M)

lots of advertising messages

I've been enjoying the free login period for years because I play on private servers

no real players that want to play with anybody
go to phoenix
thats where we all are or will be

Anyone have experience doing Odin HTMB with trusts? Most HTMBs have been fairly trivial with proper setups as a MNK, but not sure about this one.

The good
>Populated server
>Lots of stuff going in /yell
>People active at all levels of play

The bad
>Very congested.
>Long wait times
>Camps are always full or near full
>Extremely cynical high standards for new players.

There's also a higher concentration of RMT and bots than any other server. Let's not kid ourselves, people are RMTing and botting everywhere, but the sheer density of Asura makes it so that there's just a ton of multiboxers who are actively farming every single thing in the game and using it to create a passive income at the expense of others.

Other servers are smaller, but you're not going to run into the same problems, but at the cost of not having as many people to play with. So choose your server based on where you know people are active during your play time. Either you have friends, or you can ask here and see what works for you.

You got that discord link for people on phoenix?

Zhval and Shadowlord are fucking awesome. Classic atmospheric dungeon exploration and a fun boss at the end.

its for all players from Any Forums not just phoenix
discord.gg/fmF3989s

I'm at the Dunes on Wings, how do I get a group?

Attached: dune.png (1920x1037, 3.04M)

you exit that tranny server immediately

/shout lfg

Thanks for the info, that actually helps a lot

>Odin is my favorite recurring summon in FF
>XI Odin looks really cool
>Apparently he sucks and you'll never use him
DISAPPOINTING

smn is actually the worst job in the game currently because all of its shit needs a rework
all it was was a damage shitter with nirvana but as a complete job its very lacking

So what's the deal with mipmapping or bump mapping messing up the "fog" or render distance look in the game? When I was doing research on how to make the game look crisp there was lots of discourse on ffxiah and other fansites about it ruining zone aesthetics. The game looks fine to me with both on.

>Odin in XI is a one-man godhand

With Odin, his gimmick is his Attack stat can not be higher than your defense stat or he will one-shot you with Zantetsuken X. He will always do it at 50% HP. BLU is one of the best classes to do it solo since you can easily heighten your defenses with MG and lower his Attack with other spells. Good luck!

So much of the game needs a rework that it's just not worth doing.

a lot of reworks have happened
monk got a h2h rework a while ago that totally transformed the job

Uninstall cause that server is shit. Just play retail. It's a way better experience for starting players.

Try and get a new person into the game and then give them a chart of each and every step they need to do just to try and get somewhat close to end-game. Almost all of them will quit.