Reluctantly got a brand new Alienware gaming PC

>reluctantly got a brand new Alienware gaming PC
>day one the heat coming off of it is so high while playing a low graphic game that it burns my hand if I touch the vent
>frequently does a full shut down and reset at random points while gaming
I hate modern PCs

Attached: 4CFFCFA8-BB62-4165-A87E-973DEC24DFD5.jpg (300x300, 14.52K)

you can alter the temps inside your computer with most drivers now!

>Buying a prebuild
That's the problem

I literally could not find a decent graphics card that isn’t overpriced as shit

>buying an alienware prebuilt
ftfy. Some of them aren't bad but what dell do to a system is heinous.

Now pay for AC 150$ a month thanks user
Own nothing and be happy is becoming true when products are problems

Your fault for being one of those "WAIT FOR _____" idiots and not upgrading before the price hike.
Your only hope is buying the components that aren't the GPU and build a new machine yourself because those cheap Alienware components will eventually ruin the GPU.

>Alienware
lmao

The thing that gets me the most is how Alienware got the cheapest parts available and charged OP two or maybe three times the price you pay for decent or good parts, eating away the money he saved on the graphics card.
The thing burning him up and having random shutdowns is insane, almost cartoonish.

You would think that anyone with the brains to put a PC together wouldn't fall for this bait but watch.

It'd still be cheaper than fucking alienware.

Attached: 632092043ad50c112f94b25d802c0198.jpg (680x383, 25.74K)

This is amazing.

OP basically paid $1100 for a 1660 and shitty components, when he could easily paid 1000 for a 3060 and spend $500 on decent components.

Attached: 67.jpg (325x707, 33.19K)

First of all:
>buying a prebuilt
lol

Secondly:
>not taking advantage of the prebuilt's warranty and technical support services
>coming to Any Forums to bitch about it
lmao

But because you posted a cat:
>high GPU usage from low fidelity game
Set your GPU driver's frame limiter to your display refresh rate.
Alienware aren't configured for old or indie games that don't have that built into the game's settings, so you have to control that manually.

>frequently full shut down and reset
If that's due to overheating, give your components better access to cool, moving air. If your computer has a fan controller, set it to a higher speed while gaming. PCs need proper ventilation in any case.
But if it's doing that because the power draw exceeds the PSU's capabilities, then it sounds like you have some auto-OC bullshit going on and you should look into disabling that or underclocking your GPU.

The thermals are just standard for alienware, they do some really retarded shit like mounting Intel coolers on AMD cpus, using stupid fancurves and power presets that throttle the fuck out of your CPU (pic related is a 12900k performing at the same level as a 12700k and still hitting the high 90s) and best of all sometimes using the cooler itself to secure the fucking motherboard to the case. I'm not even sure if they let you change any of that shit in bios.

Attached: Screenshot_20220525-173717_YouTube.jpg (2280x1080, 439.27K)

Did you get a laptop or desktop?

Laptop wise even a modern thinkpad would better, they at least are designed to last unlike gamer market shit like Ayylmaoware.

Hindsight and shit.
Not OP but the GPU prices already were sky high went I wanted to upgrade.
I'm stuck with my 1050 ti for now. Can't complain it's a good enough card.

>be shovelmutt, pay 5000 dollerinos for 500 euro crap
rofl. gg

Desktop

premades usually have the odd loose cable check each fan cable

Prebuilts are fine if you buy them from local no-name Linuses who just happen to have a company.
I hate cable management so I always find guys like those, send them a parts list and then throw in like $100 on top of the PC's cost for assembly. I know how much I pay for each part before I order and it usually comes cheaper than if I built it myself because they hoard parts at cheaper prices from months ago.
Never had issues. Was always free to open the PC and check if everything is alright without voiding the warranty. I was free to set up my drivers however the fuck I wanted and they came with default factory settings. Everything except for the case being slightly scratched was perfect.

Attached: razerdawg.gif (480x380, 1003K)

And yet you bought a fucking Alienware.

High end PC's are a meme. The few that got one either have air condition in the room on all the time or they leave the case completely exposed. Not to mention PC's with 3080 and 3090 Gpu use a lot of energy, so prepare for hefty electricity bill. But the amount of electricity it use and heat that it produce doesn't directly translate to performance either. High-end Gpu tend to be extremely inefficient when it comes to the performance/energy ratio.