Elden Ring Lore Thread

Why did Marika hang herself in the Erdtree and stab herself with the Rune of Death?

Attached: marikaodin.png (1109x793, 1.26M)

god i hate women

Who you calling "woman"?

Attached: u-c-i-l-studio-radagon.jpg (1920x2400, 305.53K)

Miyazaki hates you

The same reason Ranni had the Black Knives kill Godwyn so horrifically, before siccing them on her followers
Neither Marika or Ranni did either of those things

She didn’t. It’s a visual reference but the meaning is inverted, which is a pretty standard From lore move. She reached enlightenment about the greater will on her own, and was punished for it

And what makes you think that despite so much in the game saying otherwise?

That's an interesting way of looking at it I like that.

>And what makes you think that despite so much in the game saying otherwise?
Which?
The game saying nothing about Marika hanging herself?
The game saying nothing about Ranni ordering the Black Knives to do anything?

For attention, good morning I hate women so much it's unreal

The Elden Beast has a grab attack that does exactly that to you. So it’s safe to assume it’s the one who attacked Marika after she tried to destroy it

Thats Elden Beast punishing Marika in his own kinky golden dungeon. If you get grabbed by Elden Beast you get the exact same treatment.

user. Elden Beast literally cricifies you and shoves dozens of spikes in you as a grab. This isn't up for interpretation.
Marika fought the Elden Beast/Greater Will and lost.

Whats the connection between prohets and utilizing giants flame? Corhyn sperges out about goldmasks heresy but he's a prophets and that class is described as utilizing giants flame (heretical incantations) to glimpse into the future

Ranni outright admits to being behind the Night of the Black Knives.

Whats your proof that ranni didn't know about the execution of godwyn

's why I killed the Elden Beast and made sure it couldn't come back.
Marika wanted it, which makes it the official ending of the Golden Order, the Gods, and everything that is good in the Lands Between.

Attached: 1650139696457.png (1320x583, 813.49K)

required reading for new friends

Attached: 3CAC6732-2BAF-43BE-B41A-A89D41867978.png (3092x8000, 2.1M)

how can she stab herself with the rune of death if the rune of death is in farum azula

Seems that prophets have a tendency to prophesize either the flame of ruin or the flame of frenzy, which one is a mystery, probably even to the prophets themselves.

no you don't
you hate yourself for not being good enough for them

Anyone else never once read this image?

Lorelets trying to shift the conversation.
There's only actual connections between Ranni and the Black Knife Assassins in game are Alecto being in Ranni's gaol, and the BK's killing Ranni's followers after she killed her Two Fingers.
No proof Ranni was in contact with the BK's before or after NoBK, or that they were even working for her.
The Black Knives own gear implies they were working for themselves.

only lorelets

being proud of your ignorance is very telling

Replace women with mohg

Yes, required for newfriends
This is the only lore you'll ever need.

Attached: 1651864714110.png (3004x3004, 3.21M)

Accurate

Attached: GIRUGAMESH.png (452x391, 121.97K)

do u think miquiella used to ride godwyn underwater in fun atlantian-tier adventures

"Cursemark carved into the discarded flesh of Ranni the Witch. Also known as the half-wheel wound of the centipede.

This cursemark was carved at the moment of Death of the first demigod, and should have taken the shape of a circle.

However, two demigods perished at the same time, breaking the cursemark into two half-wheels.

Ranni was the first of the demigods whose flesh perished, while the Prince of Death perished in soul alone."

"Dagger once belonging to one of the assassins who murdered Godwyn the Golden on the Night of the Black Knives.

A ritual performed on the oddly misshapen blade imbued it with the power of the stolen Rune of Death. "

You can even ask Ranni:
"You must be Ranni the Witch, behind the Night of the Black Knives"
and she responds:
"I see. Quite the sleuth, aren't we.
Indeed, I am the witch Ranni.
I stole a fragment of the Rune of Death, and used it to forge the godslaying black knives through fearsome rite.
I did it all.
But sadly for thee, the cursemark thou seekest is not to be found here.
I have slain the body I was born into, and cast it away.
And it is upon that flesh the cursemark is carved."

Clearly there's no connection though.

No it's just obvious you're a schizo and not worth my time.

Yes. It's explicitly said in the game.

None of that says or implies that Ranni was ordering the Black Knives around.

>A ritual performed on the oddly misshapen blade imbued it with the power of the stolen Rune of Death. "

Tiche was one of the assassins who, on the night of the plot, imbued her black knife with the Rune of Death and slew Godwyn the Golden.
She was the daughter of the Black Knife Ringleader, Alecto, and was killed protecting her mother during their flight from the royal capital.

Wait, shouldn't Ranni's name be in there somewhere?

ER made me realize how much i hate woman

Attached: 1651323058423.gif (266x243, 250.06K)

like i said, remain proud of your ignorance. it will do you much good in life

Ranni jailed Alecto
This was obviously done to reward her loyal servant after achieving 100% of her goals, which is why the BK's continue to work for her after killing the Two Fingers.
Wait, that doesn't make sense...