Is rtx really worth the 60% fps loss?

Is rtx really worth the 60% fps loss?

Attached: Screenshot_20220525-162605.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Depends. Does 47's shiny bald head accurately reflect everything now?

>cherry picked screen shots
Someone post what it really looks like

Like this?

Attached: Screenshot_20220525-163225.png (1931x1079, 2.12M)

Is this shitposting or do they seriously look the same?

it looks better with ray tracing on but the performance loss is too massive.

have RTX APIs improved a bit?

Looks like shit, reflections aren't this obvious in real life

I can't tell the difference here
And that's with dlss on a rtx 3080

Attached: Screenshot_20220525-163444.png (1929x1079, 2.2M)

>doesn’t notice the reflections
Poor fag please…rtx can mean lighting and reflections. They couldn’t change the lighting since the engine already had it baked in.

Why does RTX remove fog?

I don't understand why games don't just use the "render second camera to texture" approach used for 6th/7th gen games instead of fucking with SSR and raytracing.

Attached: df-fc1-1e8cvg.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

The DLSS implementation in Hitman 3 is shit btw.
FSR 1.0 unironically looks better in this case.

Because SSR is way faster.

>Wow, better lights, much wow.
>Anyway, back to the game.
Fukken corpo cocksuckers.

>Ray tracing
Whatever you see in video games is an extremely watered down version of ray tracing, if the game uses actual ray tracing you won't be getting more than 2 FPS tops, and that's assuming you're running a 3090.
Ray tracing for video game rendering is a meme, excellent for prerendered stuff like movies etc but no consumer PC can ever hope to run it at 30 FPS.

I already thought that the reflections in base Hitman 3 were too overblown.

>needing rtx to render mirrors
>when games have done it for over 20+years
what a gay ass future

Of course not. Meme technology, graphics are the least important thing in video games. Even music is more important.

so pretty much the 40 series is going to be hardly a bump when it comes to rtx. Im getting serious hairworks vibes. maybe by the 50 or 60 series it can be rendered above 60 fps!

>rt reflections
every dev wastes their time on this faggot shit instead of far more impactful settings like rtgi and emissives and on top of that they consistently fuck it up by making them too clearly visible on too many surfaces. in five years we'll look back on this trend with the same disdain as color grading and bloom.

Porfags that have never seen rtx

tbf that's at 4k
With a 1080p screen you're probably good for anything on ultra at 60fps if you get a 4x series

> in five years we'll look back on this trend with the same disdain as color grading
I wish. That trend is still going strong, just look at the Diablo 4 screenshots.