Pirates

What can realistically be done against piracy? Looks like the only solution is to make games good enough so people feel grateful enough and reward developers/publishers to signal their want for more games of that kind

Attached: 6667984.png (976x658, 253.24K)

Aschtually yes

if you pay for any singleplayer game youre not a pirate even if its "muh kino"
kys

Online-only...
Still can be pirated, lol.

nothing needs to be done against piracy, it is healthy and normal

Don't overcharge, don't jew out on DLC, don't shit on paying customers with DRM that reduces performance.
Good multiplayer games are somewhat insulated from that if you can't easily play with others on a pirated copy

even more nsa tracking and
even more copyright laws
>realistically thats whats gonna happen
states fear the free nets

>What can realistically be done against piracy?
I work for a studio who, right now, is building a single player game where all AI behavior is handled server side. If you some how tricked the authentication service into letting you passed the main menu while offline, the game wouldn't even work.

This is the future you've created for yourselves.

I offer games I pirated to family members who can't pirate either out of retardation or very restrictive laws. Seethe nigger

Nothing needs to be done about it
>Don't overcharge, don't jew out on DLC, don't shit on paying customers with DRM that reduces performance.
They make more money off dlcs and mictotransactions than they lose from piracy.
If you respect yourself, you will pirate.
The masses will more than make up for your 'lost' sale.

It is of course different for indieshit that doesn't have a game theory episode about it.
You should probably buy those.

Sounds like a flop already.

I buy when I can and pirate when I can't, which is most of the time. In better times I'll be buying as opposed to pirating.

Denuvo pretty much killed all AAA piracy.

That and always online

>multiplayer games
>worth buying
inb4 shit with dlc and no mod tools

It only stops people from pirating immediately and even then, people who are pirating games instead of buying them probably aren't itching to play them day one and are fine with waiting.

Pirates cant Pirate online only Games & Games that you can stream. Like one of those games where you dont have to DL jusy play it as it streams online.

>servers shut down years later
>the game is now unplayable

Attached: n2.png (257x242, 70.78K)

>server side
no worth buying

Too bad they don't put efforts into making an actually good game. That's the problem, they're always trying to kike

You are happy

Truth. If the game is REALLY GOOD I'd just buy the game after just to show support.

Require internet connection for all games

>user's will buy the game anyway because it's a huge IP and the server side behavior management is not advertised. ToS simply says you agree to always be online and mentions "critical functionality"
Have fun anons, there will be multiple threads a day on this game in 12 months.