Post apocalyptic RPG

How do I make a post apocalyptic RPG without ripping off Fallout?

Attached: 9A0D3FDE-B809-4D30-8ACF-DCB3049EF597.jpg (295x331, 42.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EmkI4VdYnW0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to write such a novella for some amazon kindle bucks but after writing for about 4-5 pages and contemplating on further scenarios, developments I realized I was writing something VERY similar to fallout

some stuff that were obvious were
>factions with separate political themes
>"uncivilized" raiders, gangs, bandits
games have this for gameplay purposes, doesn't have to be the case for books
>partition of landmark places and buildings by said factions etc
wasteland and thus fallout encapsulated the genre and my mind so hard its hard to think about fresh stuff

IN SPACE

gloobal commerce allowed a decentralizaded civilization

for some reason goods shipments stop
now people must survive in monoculture planets without foods in some planet or without any minerals in another

So long as the setting is anywhere outside of the USA, it will be original
You might also focus less on politics and more on philosophy

go to a different country

metro is fallout in russia

mad max is fallout in australia

Why has no AAA developer ever attempted to make a open world apocalyptic role-playing game like fallout?
Why do we let Bethesda set the benchmark for gaming?

ever heard of the wasteland games user

Fallout 1 and 2 were better than these stripped down FPS games.

I’m literally in the EXACT same situation as you. I plan on writing a book and hopefully one day turning it into a potential game/film/cartoon. Do you have a discord? Perhaps we can bounce ideas off each other.

something that I keep wandering to this day
one plausible scenario is how expensive beth games are and how devs focused on multiplayer focused twitch bait games for the good part of last decade to be the next fortnite but now all of them are flopping on release and stuff like Elden Ring making waves, I can see a dev copying TES or Fallout rather soon

>factions with separate political themes
>"uncivilized" raiders, gangs, bandits
>partition of landmark places and buildings by said factions etc
None of this is specific to Fallout though. Raiders and gangs are a very common trope in post apocalyptic fiction. One thing that I learned while writing is to gain inspiration from all kinds of different books, films, cartoons, etc. my world started off extremely similar to fallouts, but has gradually turned into a more sci-fi based post-post apocalyptic setting. Just branch out your research and combine different genres and ideas together to form something original. And don’t forget, Fallout is basically a rip off of Mad Max and A Boy and his dog. They only added some retros 50’s shit to it and called it a day.

write an RPG that takes place in current day Brazil

think up a unique twist on the setting. for me 2 of the most memorable post apoc flicks are reign of fire and waterworld. neither would make muh 3x3 yet they still stand out

Go full doomer like Threads did and make it clear humanity will never recover.
youtube.com/watch?v=EmkI4VdYnW0

Attached: threads_01-e1589890711737.jpg (1200x649, 499.91K)

This

Bump

>without ripping off mad max/a boy and his dog

fixed that for you

Make it a SMT clone by making the war between heaven and hell responsible for the apocalypse

Attached: SMT1_Hero_Armor%27s_2.jpg (1666x869, 426.25K)

I mean the only thing really unique to Fallout is the retro’s 50’s shit right? So all I would have to do is come up with something different to make my setting stand out better. Maybe focus more on the science fiction side of things? Kind of like Old War Blues from NV but on a global apocalyptic scale?

it already exists and it's called stalker.

You'll just end up ripping off Mad Max. Is there any post apocalypse story that takes place on another planet? Could be an interesting twist if it's just some distant relatively isolated colony.