What's the appeal of grand strategy games if I'm not an autist who wants to create an alternate history?

What's the appeal of grand strategy games if I'm not an autist who wants to create an alternate history?

Attached: 1653485774386.jpg (1024x595, 96.23K)

>have a good run going
>make one major mistake
>snowballs until nation is completely ruined
Happens often

larping and map painting

What do you larp as?

there is none unless you're autistic, i'm not either

The depth of the mechanics and an ever changing world without many scripts.

Attached: 34667.png (1680x1050, 2.35M)

How do I get into it?

None if it's a western grand strategy game like whatever crap Paradox shits out. Field of Glory: Empires is a lot better since it does actually feel like playing a game tho. Same thing for Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Actually, scratch that. There's no appeal if it's a Paradox game, but otherwise it's the fun strategic gameplay and sometimes tactical combat.

Depends on what timeline you are interested in. Generally the easiest ones to start with are Crusader Kings 2-3 or Hearts of Iron 4.

Maybe I'll start with HoI4 so I'm more familiar with the setting.

Yeah HOI4 economy and trade is very simple to understand, the complexity is pretty much exclusive to the military mechanics and even then it doesn't require nearly as much knowledge as an actual wargame.

Why isn't he playing HoMM3?

What's his endgame?

It's just larping man, it's fun

>larping on a computer
you can't be that stupid

>if I'm not an autist who wants to create an alternate history
but that's exactly what the appeal is. that's why no one gives a shit about stellaris

Try Crusader Kings: it’s really an unconventional RPG wrapped up in a grand strat skin

>that's why no one gives a shit about stellaris

Sadly its one of the most popular Paradox games, only second to Hearts of Iron 4

hoi 4 has some great immersion mods. You have to have some historical or geographical interest to enjoy them

What's the appeal of RTS?
Are you a brainlet OP?

Attached: 1653250241662s.jpg (250x241, 6.67K)

banana

Attached: 1653212785934.jpg (1024x1024, 60.61K)