Kirby

I always dismissed the Kirby series as being "lmao float to win babby game" but I decided to try out Kirby's Adventure and I'm genuinely blown away. Aside from the gameplay and aesthetics being top notch, I'm surprised at the sheer attention to detail the game has. Kirby animates ridiculously well for a NES character, and even has a unique tilted animation for standing on slopes, something that most games even today don't bother with.

Kirby bros, give me the quick rundown on the "must play" games in the series.

Attached: Carby.jpg (640x912, 107.69K)

Kirby's Adventure was a really late NES game which is why it feels so sophisticated for the console. I love games like that.
Super Star (or Super Star Ultra) is your next best bet.

play everything up to the n64 kirby, skip the n64 kirby then play squeak squad
you can skip kirby super star and play kirby super star ultra on the ds, which is the better game.

aside from that, though not like the other kirby games, there's kirby avalanche which is puyo pop with kirby characters and it's great, there's kirby pinball and canvas curse which is an amazing game in its own right.

Superstar, ultra, 64, amazing mirror, robobot and robobot are the very must play games.
Play Air ride and epic yarn if you wanna have a happy fun time.

Attached: 1645229500369.gif (144x144, 35.24K)

Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Super Star
Currently playing Planet Robobot, it's fun

I like Kirby’s tilt n tumble :)

Adventure, Super Star, 64, Return to DreamLand, and Planet Robobot are the stand outs.

It's a kiddie game until you start the arena and true arena, and the special modes.

>I'm surprised at the sheer attention to detail the game has.
Good news. That stays a constant across most, if not all Kirby games. ESPECIALLY the most recent games thanks in part to Shinya Kumazaki's direction after Sakurai left around the time Canvas Curse came out.
For the old games, the Dark matter trilogy (DL2, DL3, and 64) are musts. They don't have the best game feel but are hard carried by its aesthetics. Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot (especially this one), and Forgotten Land are also worth playing. Super Star Ultra's another obvious choice.

I'd advise not going with Star Allies until you've played the above kirby games since it is a fanservice game. It's a divisive game but I still thoroughly enjoy it.

Attached: file.jpg (1000x593, 115.7K)

If you liked adventure give nightmare in dreamland a try its a remake of adventure and you can unlock and play as meta knight.

But other than that you should start with Super Star Ultra and then just go with any one of these titles and work you way up from there.

>Dreamland 2
>Dreamland 3
>Kirby 64
>Amazing Mirror
>Epic Yarn
>Return to Dreamland
>Triple Deluxe
>Planet Robobot
>Forgotten Land

Here is some spinoff shit I would also recommend

>Dream course
>Kirby Air Ride (Playing with friends in city trial is a must)
>Canvas curse
>Rainbow curse

Or you can just look at Pic related due to forgotten land being released it is a bit out of date but I already reccomended that game anyways so whatever.

Attached: 42f.jpg (3840x2225, 1.15M)

I forgot to mention that you should get the 3ds version of kirbys adventure while you can since that version has zero slow down.

Super Star or its update Super Star Ultra are good for mostly similar reasons why KA is good.
The original Kirby's Dreamland is a slow and boring game that doesn't even have copy abilities, but it has a badass, brutal hard mode you can activate with a code.

I legitimately love Kirby's adventure. It's even better on actual NES hardware or really well made emulators due to how much the game relies on a cartridge chip to help process. Nintendo's own emulated versions of this game are laggy shit in comparison.

Attached: love.png (188x228, 109.41K)

But the n64 kirby is kino.

Kirby is faggy as hell lmao

thoughts on the 3DS remake though that is fantastic

Super Star Ultra
Planet Robobot
Forgotten Land
Those are your holy trinity of mainline games with Adventure just outside of it. Crystal Shards & Return To Dream Land are close behind them. Dream Land 3, Amazing Mirror, Triple Deluxe, and Star Allies are very good too, but they aren't the games to play first.

Most people will tell you the best spinoff is Air Ride, but I implore you to play Kirby's Dream Course; that game is insanely creative and a lot of fun to learn and play solo or multiplayer.

Attached: 1650313336976.jpg (576x539, 39.35K)

3D Classics Adventure is the best version. The only thing Nightmare In Dreamland has over it at that point is Meta Knightmare mode, and honestly KSSU & PR use that mode concept better.

>Skipping the best Shimomura game but not the worst Shimomura game
>Doesn't mention anything after Super Star Ultra when multiple of the best games in the franchise came out after it
>Mentions the poor man's Mean Bean Machine and Pinball Land but not Dream Course or Block Ball

Attached: 1458451934090.gif (192x200, 1.97M)

Kirby's Dream Course is secretly one of the most high skill games on the SNES

I'll save you thread reading time by telling you that there are no bad Kirby games. There are universally loved ones (like Superstar/Superstar Ultra, Adventure), and there are more controversial ones (64, Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad), but each game is the favorite of a sizable portion of the fandom.

>skipping 64 and amazing mirror
>recommending fucking squeak squad over them

Attached: 1649430994660.jpg (343x232, 19.6K)

Not that guy, but I am firmly in the "can't enjoy 64" camp, but love Mirror and Rats. That's why I said - everyone should try ALL of them because there are no bad Kirby games, just Kirby games you didn't enjoy.

>Gameboy 1 for shits and gigs
>NES
>Superstar / Superstar Ultra
>Kirby Forgotten Land

Optional:
>64 can honestly be skipped
>So can the 3DS games
>If you have the time feel free to play Squeak Squad or Robobot or whatever else people suggest but they're a bit overrated