Do you have any good memories of this game?

Do you have any good memories of this game?

Attached: 1653411102753.jpg (616x353, 150.32K)

Yes, just great memories to be honest. I played for 5-6 months quite often, then abandoned it due to commitments but sooner or later i want to go back

no, just run around for an hour finding no loot before dying to a gunshot that came from nowhere

>playing with a buddy wandering around Berezino
>we see a dude, so we stalk him while he loots
>catch him in the ground floot of one of those townhouses
>my buddy goes in the front door and points a shotgun at him
>he turns to run out the back door but I come in through it with a revolver
>we tell him to drop his bag while he begs for his life
>turns out the guy has fuck all
>we feel bad about our robbery, so we put a load of cans of food and a screwdriver to open them with in his bag and let him go

We never intended to kill the guy, we just wanted to chase someone.

I had a massive break from this game until it got finally released out of early access. Also while the game got 1.0 update, there was a free weekend on it. So I decided to check it out, got quite a bunch of friends to play together.

What a wonderful sesh. We've played through out whole weekend, day and night. There was like 6-7 of us, we've got loaded with guns and lots of other cool equipment, the server we played on was full of new players so whenever we met someone, we just talked for a while about some random bullshit, gave them some supplies and then bid farewell to eachother.

We managed to build our own base and fix a car, which was nothing but blood, sweat and tears. Finding all parts was a massive pain in the ass. We also managed to do it on the last day of the free weekend, but the experience of was just like firing up the fireworks. Netcode was so ass that car was just moving in 2 frames per second. We drove like 10 metres and car just launched into space. Everyone inside it died when it hit the ground.

I got nothing but good memories with DayZ. I wanna go back to this game, but with the vanilla experience.

Attached: pobrane.jpg (1366x768, 213.75K)

Attached: pobrane (1).jpg (1366x768, 316.7K)

nah, I was playing arma

Attached: 1640544666761.gif (350x195, 867.93K)

And here we are ballin' in the car on the last day of free weekend.

Attached: pobrane (2).jpg (1366x768, 95.17K)

was addicted to the Arma 2 mod, never went on to play the standalone. Epoch was pretty good, but most servers had tanks/military vehicles enabled and indestructible metal bases. A big group of players would just dominate every AI missions by camping it with tanks/armored cars. The servers where military equipment was disabled never had the player count of those that did.

In its height I'd always run straight to Cherno and perch somewhere just to watch the hubub.

game was so dead after patches that me and like 6 friends would all get the first truck they put in the game and drive them around wrecking shit because they were invincible. If you took two trucks and rammed them at full speed you'd get launched out of the map, you could also park a truck near a gate and close the gate and the truck would get stuck under the map/fly in the air

I once spend 4 hours going to every major city on a full server and didn't see one person, I would also run to NW and plant pumpkins in the middle fo the airfield to prove how dead the game was on full servers

Getting transported by hackers to the top of one of the Cherno buildings with every other player in the server while the mortal kombat theme blasted was always fun.

>be me, 12yo
>DayZ comes out
>Creepypastas popping up
>Moby dick's creepypasta
>Rumors said it was a ghost player that died and haunted the game
>Scared as fuck
>Grow up
>Realise it was just a moron going around handcuffing players, forcing them to wear a sack and make them read a chapter of moby dick's book

Attached: 1651734173147.gif (498x280, 2.21M)

>Walk for 8 fucking hours and find not a single person
>Finally find someone and say hello
>They insta kill me with a headshot
Amazing game

No and yes,
I played shit ton of Dayz Origin with a friend and I have the best fucking memories from that.
Good times

Never played it, should I? My sister is into zombie games, maybe we could play it together. We hated 7 days to die tho, fuck that game

You get out of it what you put into it. I still play on the regular, the game still manages to give tension and interactions you don't get any where else, I still get adrenaline shakes sometimes during gun fights, and no other game gives me that feeling.

That being said, it's largely uncared for by it's current development team, and i think it has vast untapped potential and continues to prove there's a demand for this sort of thing - dayz has been selling and has more viewers than it's ever had.

Attached: lightningtemple.jpg (2560x1440, 502.92K)

If you only play this game on the official servers/console you are missing out on what keeps this game alive - maps and mods made by the community that are leagues above official. Official servers are hugely unmoderated and are rampant with hackers, you are gonna have a bad time.

If you can rub two braincells together and figure out the good community servers to play on, the games a blast.

Attached: 1652214821067.jpg (640x640, 26.76K)

Used to spend hours on Arma 2 and the SA to an extent camping Balota airfield from sniper hill kek

zoomer kill yourself

My friend found the campsite of people who stole from ours, they logged on when he was in their tent and then killed all 3 when they were bunched together. The experience was good for him, but it was cool hearing him spray an m4 in the distance. Other than that it's hours of running around a giant map then dying to setting I didn't care enough to deal with.

The mod was great. Don't know about the game

Today I will remind them.

Attached: hacks.gif (496x317, 492.59K)

Standalone? No. It's been shit since day one.

The mod? Absolutely. I spent hundreds of hours with friends on servers that had bandit npcs and ai missions. Building up bases and coordinating with other survivors to overcome huge challenges, like taking over the military island in Origins.