How come new vidya treat its players like drooling morons...

How come new vidya treat its players like drooling morons? Just played the Ratchet & Clank reboot and fuck me it feels like the devs are worried people can't fucking read or use common sense. PS2 devs trusted gamers to not have the spatial awareness of a plant, where did it all go wrong?

Attached: Ratchet_&_Clank_(2002_game)_front_cover_(US).png (1518x2143, 3.95M)

I replayed the first game not long ago and god does it control like shit compared to 2 and 3. No excuse for the remake making the levels horribly bland though

I haven't played it myself, but I heard something about them removing all the charm from the characters - especially Ratchet, who's apparently been turned into a goody-two-shoes? Why?

> How come new vidya treat its players like drooling morons
Gotta accommodate for women, blacks, and mexicans

>How come new vidya treat its players like drooling morons?

Because its _devs_ are drooling morons

felt the same way after replaying it recently
I refuse to believe anyone that says R&C1 is better than 2 or 3 has played it in the last 5 years, maybe even 10 years
it's SO fucking blatant that the game is jank as fuck

not having strafing doesn't mean the game controls bad
the game is designed around you not having strafing

R&C1 would be fine if it just had ammo crates respawn and bolt crates give as much as they did originally. I can deal with no side strafing but holy crap the ammo costs vs. how much ammo costs and how there's barely any drives me up a wall. When I was younger my parents got me GC and UYA so I never played the original, and when I played it when the PS3 remaster came out I wanted to throw something out a window. Visibomb bombs being 1800 was absolutely idiotic.

ratchet 1 is best ratchet

the average player nowadays is the equivalent of a boomer that got home tired and drooled in his couch in front of his tv pressing buttons on his remote control just so his hands aren't idling

>I refuse to believe anyone that says R&C1 is better than 2 or 3 has played it in the last 5 years, maybe even 10 years
I last played it less than a month ago and I like it even more now than I did when I was younger. Don't really get why people say this, I'm replaying GC at the minute and find it such a slog compared to the first game.

This.

yes the ammo cost and scarcity is one of the actual flaws with ratchet 1

agreed. and desu the way Going Commando's camera progressively zooms in closer the longer you hold down the aim button is far more "jank" than anything in 1.

you're complaining about a game that was made as a tie in to a childrens movie

It does have strafing though, it's just unlocked 3/4's into the game, by which time you have weapons like the Tesla Claw which don't care about strafing.

You can kill everything in R&C1 with the Wrench that isn't an aerial unit/tower objective in that one map.

The game is made for literal toddlers why aren't you playing something more age appropriate?

There's a bunch of other shit too like only having one weapon wheel, no quick select pausing, wasting weapon slots on gadgets instead of having them auto equipped, no refill all ammo button in vendors, swimming without the O2 mask and hydro pack, the number of gameplay improvements in sequels isn't just muh strafing like autists latch on to

Why would you want to do that when the entire selling point of the game is the fun and creative weapons?

>swimming without the O2 mask and hydro pack
What? Do you mean not having them initially is a bad thing or something else?

Wrench kills take forever and the whole point of the games is the unique guns to fight. Yeah, you could do it, doesn't mean that's really fun.

>the number of gameplay improvements in sequels isn't just muh strafing like autists latch on to
considering how often it is and that the guy he was replying to was complaining about how it controls it probably was
also a bit weird to highlight no quick select pausing as an "improvement in the sequels" given that it doesn’t pause the game in R&C1 but does in the sequels

You'd only have somewhat of a point if the movie didn't suck major ass too

ok? the original was also for kids and it didn't treat you like a retard constantly telling you what to do

Swimming sucks without them yeah
I was saying having no quick select pausing was a flaw in the original game, get better reading comprehension