Can we agree there is no other era of games as unnecessary as the one's released on the nes in the time we live in?

Can we agree there is no other era of games as unnecessary as the one's released on the nes in the time we live in?

Yea it's cool if you want to emulate an nes game to see the history of your favorite franchise or the history of gaming's resurgence but there truly feels like there is no single kind of game that was on the nes that wasn't improved on by the snes or anything that came after it. Not to mention there was a ton of shovelware basically remembered fondly just because it was novel. Even some of the classics have aged a lot poorly than we give some other games a lot more credit for. Yea sure it produced a lot of extremely relevant franchises but none of those franchises have their best games on the nes. it's not worth playing zelda 1 over link to the past or any other 2d zelda

btw if you disagree name a console more fitting. 3d0 and atari lynx and shit do not count, pick something actually relevant

Attached: nes.png (287x200, 51.95K)

kirby's adventure aged well and is better then the SNES kirby games.
It released very late in the NES lifespan but still

Ninja Gaiden on the NES, wasn't improved upon

At the time this thing came out, most people had a shitty Atari 2600 or simple Pong on their TV.
So the NES was a little revolution for gaiming at home.
Sure, C-64 was way better, but too many where just to stupid to use that thing.
Playing Castlevania 1-3, Mario 1-3 and Zelda 1+2 is still fun.
Maybe you should not compare Hardware from 30 years ago with modern systems?

>NES
>Hardware from 30 years

i only cared for the classic mega man games

Top loader was released late 1993 ;)

>zoomer thinks 3rd gen was bad
>not 1st or 2nd
Euroshart education

The lack of a save feature for most games is the biggest issue for me, other than that there's plenty of solid ones from a gameplay standpoint
>Kirby's adventure is better than super Star
Mah nigga

>im too young to have grown up with an NES
-the post

>"the NES wasn't the first videogame console, but it might aswell have been"

Yeah pretty much

Top 3 shit systems in order
1. Gameboy
2. NES
3. PC-98
This is just fact, not up for debate.

>it's not worth playing zelda 1 over link to the past or any other 2d zelda
Zelda 1 is the best zelda. Of course it's worth playing over other 2D zelda, and even 3D zelda.
Have you even played it?

If that's the standard, N64 was far, far more irrelevant.

The current console gen is the worst one. All it is is port and remaster begging to get games on PC so people can actually play them on current gen hardware again.

Zoomer

I'll name 3
Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Mario 3
Btfo

I actually feel that way about the PS4/Xbone/Wii U generation too, but there were some stand outs. I think I was waiting for a killer app and it never came, at least for me.

>there is no single kind of game that was on the nes that wasn't improved on by the snes or anything that came after it
Mega Man 2 single-handedly refutes this

user... all those systems are zoomer/normie core.