Why didn't he just...settle down? Start a family?

Why didn't he just...settle down? Start a family?

Attached: intro-1649357758[1].jpg (780x438, 82.19K)

Why don't you?

>Max Payne 2: "I had a dream of my wife. She was dead, but it was all right."
>Max Payne 3: "Nah, just kidding. Also, I have a drinking problem now."

im playing through 3 right now, does the story get any better? so far its just "grrrrrr im max payne mona died and now im sad again heres how my alcoholism made me work for brazillians"

No, that’s the whole game in a nutshell so it’s zoomer doomer jerkoff material.

>"grrrrrr im max payne mona died and now im sad again heres how my alcoholism made me work for brazillians"
That is literally the entire game.

He was in Pain

Max payne 3 never references mona ever. Are you sure you're playing it?

The ending is somewhat decent given how much shit Max went through in Brazil but that's about it.

Couldn't let go of the payne.

it hasnt referenced mona yet but thats just what im assuming, why else would max all of a sudden get sad again considering the last game?

story is mediocre but the gunplay is amazing

He mentions Mona in the cemetery level after inspecting the grave of Winterson.

Max Payne 3 was a great game.

the most enjoyable aspect of max payne are the musings and soliloquies, having those removed in max payne 3 just removes what makes "max payne" what it is
the gameplay is really good, but it is in no way a max payne game

Max is grieving his family in 3, not mona.

Been years since I played the games. How did the story transition from 1 to 2? 1 has Max going on a city-wide rampage. There should be no future for him apart from death row and/or an insane asylum.

>why else would max all of a sudden get sad again considering the last game?
?
Why wouldn’t he? Max’s life is still fucking garbage even if he got over Mona and his past.

He gets a slap on the wrist.

>1 has Max going on a city-wide rampage
Self defense situation

Alfred Woden has connections and kept Max out of prison since Max held up his end of the bargain by killing NIcole Horne. It's never explained how it happened, you're just supposed to run with it. Max became a detective in MP2.

I like to pretend 2's alternate ending is cannon and the series ends there

is the max payne trilogy good overall?

They're fun and bullet time never gets old.

2 is still good, 1 has aged less well because of those really terrible platforming nightmare sections. 3 also exists.