Former Xbox exec says he’s ‘scared’ of Game Pass’s potential impact

videogameschronicle.com/news/former-xbox-exec-says-hes-scared-of-game-passs-potential-impact/
>Former Microsoft exec Ed Fries has expressed concern over the potential impact the company’s Game Pass subscription service could have on the games industry.
>Fries didn’t give an explicit answer but said that he was ‘scared’ of the impact Game Pass could have, should it become a dominant business model like Spotify has in the music industry.
>“The one thing that they’re doing that makes me nervous is Game Pass,” he said. “Game Pass scares me because there’s a somewhat analogous thing called Spotify that was created for the music business.
>“When Spotify took off it destroyed the music business, it literally cut the annual revenue of the music business in half,” the former Microsoft exec claimed. “It’s made it so people just don’t buy songs anymore.
>“So we have to be careful we don’t create the same system in the game business. These markets are more fragile than people realise. I saw the games industry destroy itself in the early 80s
>“So Game Pass makes me nervous. As a customer, I love it. I love Spotify as a customer: I have all the songs I’d ever want… it’s a great deal as a customer. But it isn’t necessarily great for the industry.”
Do you agree? Will Game Pass destroy the video game industry? Or are people worrying over nothing?

Attached: RE2TAjc.jpg (720x1080, 108.54K)

Not reading all that. Fuck yourself.

it's already crippled from DRM

it needs to put the money back in the hands of the consumer and not the devs in order to survive

fuck the video game industry
fuck the music industry

I read all and I agree with you op
But the crash of videogames means less normies and shit games, so I hope it crashes soon

>It’s made it so people just don’t buy songs anymore.
Isn't that completely false tho? Like fucking Vinyls are huge as shit right now.

@599938578
I was going to give an argument to agree with you, but you're a disgusting tripfag, so no replies to you

FPBP
Spoonfed me the info or fuck off

TL;DR
>4 lines of Gamepass makes me scared
>Gamepass is like Spotify
>Music industry lost money when Spotifi got popular
>Could happen to vidya
AAAAIEEEEE THE MONEY

>“So Game Pass makes me nervous. As a customer, I love it. I love Spotify as a customer: I have all the songs I’d ever want… it’s a great deal as a customer. But it isn’t necessarily great for the industry.”

>But it isn’t necessarily great for the industry.”
oh no!
anyway

jesus christ youre a faggot arent ya

"if you want to listen to something for a bit or play something for a bit, you should pay me whatever I want whenever I want and jump through all the hoops I want" - rights holders
"x destroyed my industry" - rights holders

>Do you agree? Will Game Pass destroy the video game industry?
God i hope

The industry has sucked long before game pass and very few games are worth there asking price anymore.
A culling would be good.

>could cause another game crash
wtf I love gamepass now

Vinyls are more popular than ever but it’s still just an enthusiast/collector thing.
Most people stream, same thing with movies

you already don't "buy" games, you just rent them and pretend to own them

>noooooooooooo the industrerino noooooooo my shekels
Good. The sooner everything crashes and burns the better.

Attached: kotakubtfo.jpg (598x699, 100.43K)

I personally couldn't care less about Xbox because I don't play western games, but it's so obvious the journalists are banding together to shit on Microsoft. I don't really understand why though.

Spotify is free with ads with optional subscription.
Gamepass is paid subscription that scoops up old or otherwise disfavoured games, with enticement via a few new titles.
Ed Fries is a dumsbshit.