DLCs before the concept of DLCs ever existed, thanks Microsoft

DLCs before the concept of DLCs ever existed, thanks Microsoft

Attached: 23839-mechwarrior-4-inner-sphere-mech-pak-windows-back-cover.jpg (800x1152, 308.29K)

Attached: 23833-mechwarrior-4-clan-mech-pak-windows-back-cover.jpg (800x1149, 280.41K)

bethesda had dlcs for morrowind so did half life 1

Expansions =/= DLCs, very few DLCs of today are comparable to the expansions of back then.
Generally DLC = shitty worthless content that add nothing to the game and only exist to milk whales for their money

it were literally dlcs

Expansions are DLC retard

Keep pretending to not understand what i meant, no one used the term DLC before the 7th gen, no one.

That's because nobody downloaded contents before the 7th gen, retard. If downloading expansions were common, I'd bet my house they'd be called DLC before 7th gen.

Yeah wanna know the word used before DLC? It was expansion

Total Annihilation had free DLCs.

>make a pack of Clan mechs
>half of them have IS names

>That's because nobody downloaded contents before the 7th gen

They actually did but they weren't using the term "DLC" anyway.

But "extra content" immediately took a dive in quality as soon as the term "DLC" became popular, that's why i prefer to use "expansion" only for old content packs.

>Expansions =/= DLC
Correct, you retard

The only reason DLC isn't called expansions anymore is because we download them. You didn't buy expansions online they were mostly physical

I like the "290 tons of new mechs" which is just 4 mechs in total

Hahaha look at the faggots arguing in this thread!

They were called expansion packs and they've been around since way before MW4

Fucking take me back bros I can't stand living in this hyper-corporate shithole future

Attached: 1634511887218.png (882x758, 15.1K)

DLC is just tiny shit like skins and new models, expansions are like Throne of Bhaal for Baldur's Gate 2 and Lord of Destruction for Diablo 2, huge content injection with a continued story and new areas.

I don't like saying cope but you're not giving me much of an option

You can try to refute what I said instead because you are the coping one right now.

My dad bought me a joystick to play Vengeance with for my 8th birthday. Uziel was and will always be my favorite mech. Miss you dad.

He is right you know, for every 1000 DLCs released today only one (and i'm being generous) could be considered on par with old expansion packs in volume and quality of content.

What is there to refute? Your points are retarded why would I bother?

Your points are retarded and I refuted them, it's your turn coping one.

Are you really this bored that you're trying to convince people dlcs and expansions are different? Why don't you just go do quite literally anything else besides this?

Yes, Mechwarrior 4 was extremely jewish.

DLCs and expansions are the same thing. You're very upset over this and I'm not your therapist so I don't care about discussing your retarded opinions. Maybe go get a real hobby that isn't baiting people on Any Forums

>microsoft trying to keep the mech genre alive
Damn they were based back then

>DLCs and expansions are the same thing.
They are not and I already explained the difference. You are not providing anything to refute that.

They fucked over the MW3 devs and the MW4 devs. Fuck 'em.

Why does that bother you? And i actually believe that they are different because as i explained when that term was coined additional content became wildly overpriced and all the worst practices like on locked-off and pre-order DLCs.

>They are not and I already explained the difference.
Read my previous replies

Because this thread is a teenager being bored and arguing semantics on a topic that's extremely stupid.

I did, I'm still waiting for a real argument.