Why cant piranha bytes make good games after gothic 2 was it just a fluke and they really just suck at games

why cant piranha bytes make good games after gothic 2 was it just a fluke and they really just suck at games

Attached: Elex-2-main.jpg (1280x720, 174.81K)

>was it just a fluke and they really just suck at games
The answer is yes.

because they use the same engine
because they ceo literally refuses to learn new shit

I liked the first Risen game

same risen 2 and 3 tho? nope

many people responsible for the G1 and G2 brilliance have long left PB

just like Bioware of today could never pull of a game of BG2 caliber

Risen 1 was pretty comfy, great atmospheric soundtrack too, shame the main director left and PB just became a shell of its former self, chasing the console marker

Attached: HarbourtownRisen.jpg (1024x640, 500.64K)

I like all the Risen games. Elex was unplaybable without exploiting it for me,

Well fuck you, I liked both Risen 1 and Elex 1.
Also Gothic 1 > Gothic 2.

elex fans dont get opinions

ELEX was a pleasant surprise for me, but the learning curve was steep at certain parts. Speaking of exploits, I even had fun cheesing certain encounters against enemies way over my level. Too bad it seems PB fucked up ELEX2.

I liked ELEX 1. ELEX 2 is unplayable.

I WANT TO PLAY IT BUT OPTIMALISATION IS FUCKED
THIS GAME WORKS IN 30 FPS NO MATTER WHAT SETTING YOU CHOSE FUCKING HELL

This game was fun tho. Ending sucked however

I think this sequel bait is better than the last one. Pretty much what the first game's sequel bait should have been, skipping this game altogether.

>Also Gothic 1 > Gothic 2.

youre being a contrarian faggot now
G1 is super good but only for the first 3 chapters, 4 and other chapters are fucking boring and easy mode
also why are you even talking about G2 when G2NotR is a thing, but even base G2 is much better than G1

Like every PB game it's 1 step forward, two steps back. Combat isn't a chore anymore, but the UI is now grey on white so it's horrible to look at. Jetpack can be upgraded with all sorts, but the story is basically one big cliffhanger for the inevitable third game. Some factions are also locked behind joining others ones first. I got a money exploit in Elex 2 which gave me 100 million Elexit in about 2 minutes, only really helped with stocking up ammo and health potions so I didn't need to go overboard

its not even that it's sequel bait. it just ends so abruptly. also no one says anything about your dead son

>also no one says anything about your dead son
Not even his mother lol

How's elex II

How does Elex 2 compare to Elex 1? I thought the latter was alright, but I did still drop it fairly somewhat late into the game.

Let's not kid ourselves, neither game had a good second half. Was collecting the focus stones or creating the Ulu-Mulu fun? Nah. But neither was hunting the dragons. I'd take the Temple of the Sleeper as my final dungeon over The Halls of Irdorath any day, but this isn't important either. The early chapters of Gothic 1 are still to this day the best content Piranha Bytes has ever made. Early chapters of Gothic 2 are only made interesting by content added by NoTR, the rest just can't compete with the Colony in terms of atmosphere. That's all that matters to me.

I'm german but I never played gothic because I only had consoles growing up. But man, whenever I talk to someone about gothic 1+2, you can see how their eyes light up. These games really must be something special. I plan to play them at some point but I need to look into what mods to install first.

Attached: 1635206697.png (690x750, 616.79K)

came here to post this

I'm not even sure he is dead. The game is pretty fuzzy on this.

maybe. I'm still not sure what exactly happens when you back to find him