Elden Ring shouldn't have had a class systemp

The game would be far better with an Origins system like Bloodborne and the ability to respec at will how many times you want, other than more farmable upgrade materials
The class system is perfect for semi-linear levels of the Souls experience, a game that lasts 20 to 30 hours in average in small worlds.
Elden Ring is full of weapons in a large world full of secondary content, but as a class you will stick to a limited part of what you get. It's a 120 to 160 hours game and there's nothing more frustrating than exploring just to find stuff that your character won't use
It's even more absurd considering that the player can change appearance at any time.

Attached: Elden Ring cover blood.png (1080x1080, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/1069
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Elden Ring doesn't have a class system, it has irrelevant stat templates nobody but tryhard PvP cucks care about

You are retarded

larval tear -> visit rennala -> you can change your gender as often as you want

>larval tear
Just 18

Try the classless mod user.
nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/1069

>Reddit Ring
Go back

Attached: Reddit Ring.jpg (1152x1080, 246.16K)

what's the difference between classes and origins?

Eh, the issue is the ability to switch builds around, not just having a class system with preset minimum point allocation.
The ability to go from hammer to spear build and vice versa. What we got is the equivalent of having class specific loot as reward for quests in RPGs

SHITdow the Avatarfag lost.

Attached: bozz.jpg (2026x848, 1.25M)

>go from hammer to spear build
Respec to Dex and upgrade a Spear?

>Just 18
As if you'll ever need more

I'll reiterate so even lobotomized subhumans like you will get it:
Elden Ring doesn't have a class system, all you have are different starting statlines in a game where you can reach the same universal caps regardless of the character you make and nothing is gated by anything but raw statline requirements.
Even considering the 150 "meta" level for pvp on hybrids you are at best losing 3-5 stat points which are largely irrelevant to anything.
Whether or not you stick to something is YOUR choice, and has nothing to do with the "classes" because there's no actual class system that forces specific limitations you can't circumvent.

A Samurai, a Vagabond and a Prophet can all use sorceries with the same exact efficiency, the only difference being how many levels you need to reach that point according to the template you chose, this isn't a class system, a class system would be something like Diablo 2 where no matter how hard you try a Necromancer won't be able to use things like Holy Freeze or Chain Lightning, because they're not skills related to their CLASS.

elden ring doesn't have a class system
what you're actually saying is elden ring shouldn't have builds
and i agree that sekiro is better

Classes are preset of stats of different level with different starting equipment, even if you respec you will be bound to those starting levels placement
Bloodborne Origins are of the same levels and are just a starting stats set

>and i agree that sekiro is better
Sekiro is a different genre and has no replayability except maybe charmless.

>far better with an Origins system like Bloodborne
It's exactly like Bloodborne. None of the starting "classes" mean shit except having good gear you carry for a while, shit you throwaway instantly, or nothing (Wench)

>Jewario
Know your place

Attached: Jewario.jpg (480x450, 103.12K)

>you shouldn't have to make any commitment to your build
lol

So no difference except Bloodborne's all start with the same level.
God, you're a massive retard.

>Sekiro is a different genre
well yeah if you take away builds then the barely rpg isn't even barely anymore

>As if you'll ever need more
Yes, there's a lot of stuff and builds, you realize that, right? What if I want to change again and again? I have to make 10 different characters and go through 120 hours x 10 just so I can have a player that can use stuff
>Just overlevel bro
Subhuman retard, then what's the point of builds?

This games modding community will be skyrim tier in the coming years.

You don't have to commit anything in ER, that's why respec exists

Retard

>Melina sex on every bonfire

>then what's the point of builds?
To give you the illusion that your shallow action game is an RPG when it's just an action game with rubberbanding, exactly like BB, subhuman retard.
Also there's not such thing as overleveling

Attached: 1641297459884.png (237x245, 133.69K)

>if you take away builds
Depends on what you define as a build.
Just the stat allocations? Or are you that dumb to lump in weapons, armor, talismans, spells and all other gear?

>Commitment for 120+ hours to same exact playstyle for arbitrary reason where there's a troon mirror magically changing your physical appearance
Kill yourself shill
>respec
How about player can respec how much they want and experiment after going through a massive game and finding equipment made for all kind of builds?

Bloodborne origins its the same shit as elden ring without starting gear i agrre i prefer paying in runes that farming some rare mimic liver that is on random places and random mimic enemies

bruh i'm just trying to decipher what op meant by this

>Also there's not such thing as overleveling
Shitter

>What if I want to change again and again? I have to make 10 different characters and go through 120 hours x 10 just so I can have a player that can use stuff

So you want to change your build more than 18 times in a single playthrough?
Come up with better shitposting material. This is just pathetic.

>So you want to change your build more than 18 times in a single playthrough?
Yes

>so indecisive you need to respec 18 times
Honestly just make a new character for each build if you want to change that drastically that often. You can comfortably beat the game with all bosses (excluding most of the catacombs bosses) in

You might be an idiot and bad at games.

>can respec how much they want
You can.

Funny, she has a purpose now.

so you just want to be able to change the starting stats when you respec. bloodborne origins are kinda confusing to bring up considering bloodborne doesn't even have respec

>Bloodborne dicksucker
>Retarded
Every time.

>Honestly just make a new character for each build
No retarded faggot, each playthrough is a hundred of hours you retard
What's so hard to understand? What kind of action RPG has a runtime of hundreds of hours and players are supposed to stick to builds
>b-but 18 larval tears
Nobody cares faggot
Respec was introduced in DS2/3 for people who made mistakes when allocating stats
Now it has more uses but it's still limited as if it were a mechanic to collect playthrough builds stats allocation. Why was it increased? Because From took another half measure for what is Dark Souls 4: open world edition
Yes I can respec 18 times and then what? What if I want to change build multiple times because I find new kind of weapons.

Attached: 1639419946204.gif (479x255, 2.88M)

>What kind of action RPG has a runtime of hundreds of hours and players are supposed to stick to builds
Literally all of them before Skyrim told people they can do whatever they want.

that's the most retarded shit i've ever read about this game. congratulation.

Bloodborne not having respec is not the point.
Bloodborne simply gives preset starting stats for the early game, which is something Elden Ring should limit itself to