BotW2

How can you improve the combat from BotW to have more depth without approaching something action-game level and alienating more casual players? I think we'd all agree that combat is the most boring part of BotW, samey and repetitive. I think input-related movesets for each weapon type would work. Pair it with far more aggressive enemies and I think you'd get something satisfying.

Attached: 75342977_p0.png (804x1115, 443.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mmd_imbapovi/status/1245760139463884806?s=20
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YJK

Has Nintendo ever developed an action game with satisfying combat?

more dark souls like

zelda is the fart queen

Kill yourself and stay on Reddit

Don't think so, but Smash shows they know how to at least make unique movesets and somewhat balance them.

Zelda enemies should be more like puzzles where you have to figure out what works rather than memorizing the timing of parrying or combos. It's always been a simple combat system. They just need to add more variety and creativity to the enemy types. Nobody wants souls type garbage in a Zelda game.

more gimmicks, item stuff, phyics stuff, nothing overcomplicated, some lite combo. ideally just the TP combat but with decent difficulty

this but the opposite

Attached: loll.webm (853x480, 2.56M)

>How can you improve the combat from BotW to have more depth

The fuck are you talking about? How about other developers catch up to Nintendo and make an open world game with the depth of BotW?

Attached: C0t0hdtXcAALvTw.jpg (299x357, 19.48K)

>Zelda enemies should be more like puzzles where you have to figure out what works rather than memorizing the timing of parrying or combos.

Yeah that's every Zelda, including BotW.

Attached: how-to-defeat-a-molduga-in-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.jpg (1200x1200, 105.37K)

The game NEEDS unique items and weapons. The breakable, dime-a-dozen weapon system is dogshit for any hope of depth or satisfaction. It doesn't need 50 different, unique weapons, but items need to return in a big way, the slate stuff is just not satisfying to use after even a short amount of time. They're novelties, and the novelty wears off. You can't upgrade them for more wacky effects or power them up, and you only get 4. Bring back real, unique items and really put focus on making them have a role in and out of combat. A quick swap feature that isn't just a menu cycle is also key.

Attached: 1609267729257.png (2304x3077, 2.19M)

the formula works, stay mad faggot

>Bring back real, unique items and really put focus on making them have a role in and out of combat.

Ok genius. Tell us how that would work in a game like BotW? Do you want to go back to having your progress blocked and gatekept? You can't go anywhere until you have a certain item? The game now needs to be linear?

Would fucking ruin the game.

For 6 yeara you retarded shitters act like you know more about game design than Nintendo - offering up utterly shite vague ideas with no fucking clue how it work in the game. Like:

>the game needs to have underwater exploration!!!

How in the fuck would that work? And what would it add to the game?

master sword SHOULD NOT BREAK WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO

Buddy.
Everything you said sounds a million times better than Botw. I hate exploring a shitty open world.
Yes, PLEASE. Bring the old fucking formula back.

>master sword SHOULD NOT BREAK

The Master Sword is the only weapon in the game which DOESN'T break. Once you get it, it becomes a permanent reward. You just can't spam it.

she fucks black guys btw

>Do you want to go back to having your progress blocked and gatekept?

Unironically yes. It's perfectly fine to have a giant open world you can run around in, but if you can literally go ANYWHERE immediately without any issue, then the world itself has less depth. It's perfectly fine to have places you can encounter that you can't get into, that you need something special to access. Wouldn't it make sense if you decide to head to a super high level area right away and get into a fortress that you wouldn't be able to because it'd obviously be fucking locked? Then you think "this place is really interesting and I want to get in, I'll need to explore more of the world to figure out how." Being able to literally go anywhere right off the bat with no barriers or breaks was a poor design decision.

>Yes, PLEASE. Bring the old fucking formula back.

You will never ever get another stale OoT rehash. We've moved on. Sorry.

You really dont understand how they could do underwater?

We have moved on.

Attached: game-on-you-gaming-gods-46-photos-21.jpg (400x313, 28.33K)

>we've moved on
That's the fucking issue. Every jackass and their mother makes open world exploration games. Every single game that isn't an fps is a fucking open world adventure.
They're always empty.
What's the point of having a big world if it just stretches all the content thin?
>it's not empty! There's a giant landmark in the upper left corner of the map!
And what was in between you and that landmark? Nothing. Barren polygonal wasteland.

>the gameplay is shittier, the pacing is shot to hell, and despite the face that calamity ganon is apparently ready to emerge and fully destroy hyrule, you have infinite time to do whatever you want, forever

Take me back, fucking hell this is awful.

Attached: 1489653512437.png (1056x1284, 1011.91K)

>You really dont understand how they could do underwater

It works in previous Zeldas because the area you were in was a small compartmentalised room.

In BotW its a complete massive open world. What are you gonna do? Put on some iron boots and then skulk around on a ocean bed the size of Hyrule field? Moving in slow motion?

What are you finding down there? Some rupees in the seaweed?

Do you honestly think Nintendo DIDN'T look at underwater mechanics and decide against it?

Case in point, Ubisoft's BotW knockoff Fenyx Rising does have underwater exporation and it was boring as fuck. Imagine that.

moar

Attached: 1647287976553.png (532x582, 347.12K)

No, Zelda's butt is not big.

twitter.com/mmd_imbapovi/status/1245760139463884806?s=20

If the sound effects were a little better that would elevate this way above what it currently is.

Attached: 81185899_p0.jpg (2292x1169, 1.95M)

Kid Icarus Uprising

>imbapovi

Attached: 123456789.jpg (2816x2112, 1.43M)

I like it mostly for the voice acting in spite of the sound effects.

How the fuck has Uprising not gotten a Switch re-release? Boggles the mind.

Sakurai went back to slaving over Smash.

That's over with, its been over with. Get me a KI:U release or better yet a sequel.