Monster Hunter Boomer Thread

When did you first learn to take the mohanpill?

>Buying up any old shit in the Gamestation 4 for £10 deal
>Get Monster Hunter because Capcom
>Right stick to attack, fuck you no thank you
>Shelve it
>Few years later watching Stargate SGI and Deepspace 9 on sky One and every episode break is an ad for full spectrum warrior or monster hunter freedom unite
>Recently got a Pusp to play Crisis Core or something and pick it up
>at_last_i_truly_see.png
>Love the series from that moment
>Too poor to get 3 and new hardware at the time so 4U is when shit gets real and played constantly since as well as going back to the original games

My one regret is i never got into Frontier for the magnet spike.

When did you learn to become a full career shill for japanese actionrpg call of duty?

Attached: 82-827030_monster-hunter-tri-monster-hunter-monster-hunter-logo.png (840x549, 379.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uz5-2mKK5CU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm a monhun oldfag myself, started with generations ultimate.

Lol

>played Tri a bit, kinda bounced off, probably would have played it more if it wasn't on the Wii
>bought Rise and played it a bunch with friends, had fun

Attached: 1519575477253.png (690x388, 211.41K)

You should try GU. Its slower than Rise but the amount of new monsters for you is great.

I'm a Tri toddler. A friend back in high school suggested it to me. I was fucking shit carting to high ranks with unupgraded armor but it was still a good time and my only real multiplayer experience. I didn't take the series seriously until 3U which I still play today. I tried the handheld titles and they weren't for me. In fact, World probably brought me back into the series.

When the demo for 3U came out. I first tried out the SA and while I found the gameplay sluggish, I recognized the gameplay was also deliberate, methodical, and demanded you respect the time commitment for each of your actions. So I bought the game and it thought it was decent till I hit High Rank when they turned on the heat and I was hooked ever since.

I will never forgive Capcom for omitting the FLEX after healing in Gen 5.

>read about tri coming to Wii during its development
>screenshots look pretty, still don't know what I'm looking at
>watch video footage of the JP version
>immediately get MH1 on my softmodded PS2, love the shit out of it, preorder tri, grab as many demo discs as possible and pass them to friends
After all that I wound up playing Dos a bit on my softmodded PS2 then got a PSP and 3DS at around the same time so I remember playing FU and 3U in tandem, followed by P3rd, then 4U, Generations, World, GU, Iceborne, and now Rise.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS.

Played 3U, 4U, a bit of Generations, skipped Generations Ultimate, played World & Iceborne, went back to play Generations Ultimate, and now I've played Rise and waiting for Sunbreak.

>watched some kid play Freedom while on vacation in 2007
>thought it looked cool
>got it
>got filtered by Kut Ku shortly afterward
>abandoned this faggot game for 2 months
>pick it up after cooling off
>get past the filter and put in around 500 hours solo
Best memory was beating a G dual black diablos quest with literally one second left on the quest timer.

Attached: 1648583181972.jpg (960x540, 53.27K)

Friends of all tastes ended up getting into it. It appeals to our core caveman neuron.

Gronk pick up bone. Hit large beast.

Gronk use beasts bone to hit larger beast.

Gronk now has biggerer bone.

Apes together, stronk.

MH3U on Wii U, didn't play Tri cuz I was young but I have seen some paper ads from local game and console vendor (Micromania) and when I see that violet anglerfish, I found it cool . I think this game is the only game that me the Wii U worth its cost.
Had blat fun with it.

I bought 4U when it came out and liked it. I didn't get good until I started GU and decided to solo as much as I could.

Ancient gamer right here

I started out with Freedom Unite and played most games (including the newer GU, World and Rise) but I believe picrel is the best iteration of the franchise yet even if the amount of monsters is lacking when compared to other titles.
I miss underwater combat.

Attached: Monster_Hunter_Tri_Box_Art.jpg (256x351, 51.33K)

unapologetic tribab, there really is some magic to that generation, it's a good example of a well rounded game where everything isn't only done right but fits together so well
youtu.be/uz5-2mKK5CU

>Friends who owned a PSP always talked about FU2 and the dual Fatalis fight
>Eventually get a PSP to play Dissidia, Portable Ops and Crisis Core
>Play the fuck out of FU2
Sad to say I dropped the series with World and didn't finish Generations either. I really don't know what it was, but it seemed like something I had loved in each game up til then was just gone and I can't really put my finger on it.

Tri was my second game. I love the fuck out of the Lagi, the Ivory Lagi and the Abyssal Lagi. I'm sad beyond measure that the Abyssal will never ever return.

I started with Freedom Unite a few days ago, and I am really bad at it. My weapons barely do damage despite being so large and they swing incredibly slow.

Its like FFX, that pacific islander vibe is so rare in vidya.

>FU2

Lmao go back to reddît, pretender

>Fucked up the name
>Now people call me a poser
>Nooooooo my anonymous Any Forums reputation!
Chill out, bruv, everyone has mental lapses. Its the one with the Tigrex on the box and Pokke village.

>be me
>bought a lot of pirated ps2 games for 1 dollar
>one of them was the first MH
>Boot it up
>the entire fucking game is in japanese

I was never able to enjoy the soul content of it. Then World happened and I was like "MH? I should give it a try again".
And now here I am emulating everything

My first one was Freedom Unite since I had a PSP around that time and it seemed pretty fun. Took a little while for me to get into it since I didn't find a weapon that clicked with me, but I eventually settled on gunlance, and in every game since then I've used gunlance 95% of the time. FU is one of my favorite games ever now. I've only played Tri, P3rd, and 3U since then, but I loved those and I plan on playing World and Iceborne soon.

Attached: 1652637368565.jpg (1420x1133, 182.19K)

I got my mom to buy me devil may cry 3 when i was a kid and she knew i was a huge fan because i played 1 and. Anyway, dmc3 had a monster hunter demo disc as an addition and i tried it and was instantly hooked killing velociprey in a shitty demo until i stumbled upon the full game which my dad bought for me. I played every title that released here up to today.