Perfect sequel doesn't exi-

>Perfect sequel doesn't exi-

Attached: url(21).jpg (2932x2932, 2.05M)

st

. Well, this game proves perfection does exist.

true and correct
put so much time in post-game in the challenge room things, Dick and Catwoman especially were a joy to play

Arkham City is shit compared to Asylum.

I don't understand the appeal of this series. I only slightly enjoyed the first game because of the story and setting. The rest you fly around a district littered with trash and beat the shit out of 80 IQ goons. Mystery and detective work is braindead to the point it might as well be automated. Detective vision is OP as fuck in every scenario that you might as well never turn it off. Origins feels like a fanfic and Knight has the shitmobile that feels like a mobile game.

Asylum is better
Open world is shit

Okay i'll start

Attached: 1094368-boxart_eksbawkz.jpg (883x1199, 316.66K)

Attached: 172358-kingdom-hearts-ii-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1135, 180.54K)

>Mystery and detective work is braindead to the point it might as well be automated. Detective vision is OP as fuck in every scenario that you might as well never turn it off. Origins feels like a fanfic
You were talking about City but you described Asylum with all of this. There are maybe 2 detective sections in the first one, the other games may be automated but at least they have them. There is no mystery in Asylum's story, Joker broke out and took over the prison then took Bane's venom to make himself stronger. That's it, there's no twists or anything. Detective Vision is at its most OP, it never turns off even when you're hit and there are no gameplay elements that stop you from keeping it on like jammers or trackers. Origins feels like a fanfic when it basically just adapts Year One, Knightfall and a bunch of other stories 1:1? Asylum isn't a fanfic when it's just Batman fighting all of his strongest villains completely alone in one place?

I don't really like City all that much. Asylum was tighter designed, while Knight is more varied. City is just stuck in-between with not enough to be a fun sandbox and too stuffed wit unnecessary crap to be a well-paced experience. I guess City takes its prize with the story, but a game is first judged on gameplay. At least Origins absolutely sucks dick in every way.

Asylum was a perfect size and length for what the gameplay actually has. City and Knight are too bloated

Arkham Asylum was much better.
Mass Effect was much better.
Kingdom Hearts was much better.

Assassin's Creed 2 is a better example since it improves over 1 in every imaginable way.

>You were talking about City but you described Asylum with all of this.
I know which is why I said I only slightly enjoyed it, because of the setting. I'm more referring to how Origins has a worse gameplay feel, weird artstyle, and lacking the iconic voice actors.

Attached: 1875237-box_mgs2.png (513x640, 607.19K)

Knight is one of the most overstuffed games I've ever played. City is balanced.

>Assassin's Creed 2 is a better example since it improves over 1 in every imaginable way.
Story, dialogues and villains were way better in AC1 (though I can't deny that Ezio was a much more lovable protagonist than Altair)

Attached: MV5BNWM5ODAwYTgtMTlkNC00NDNiLTg0ZmEtMTRkNzY4ZDliMTdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI0MzA4NTgw._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1464, 125.81K)

>throw away everything that still connected the game to RPG
>make a pointless story loop, like it's a an episode of a second-rate tv show
>turn gameplay into generic TPS
>get rid of any possibility of exploration
But ooh boy do they have some snarky whedon-esque dialogues, 10/10 goty.

>At least Origins absolutely sucks dick in every way.
It's better than Knight in almost every way as well

This game is awful just like the all the Hitmans before Blood Money. It's a miracle that Blood Money even exists after 3 horse shit broken games like this.

>throw away everything that still connected the game to RPG
omg no they got rid of buying a new gun that does 0.5% more damage and armor that has 0.3% better protection noooooooo

>and lacking the iconic voice actors.
Which isn't a bad thing considering how well new actors did their jobs

but it was better that the previous game in every way. that's what i consider a perfect sequel

I still prefer Asylums atmosphere and kino story premise.

Funny, I do remember at the time of release it was being criticized for being too restrictive compared to the first game.

The "actually asylum is the best and city sucks now" thing is classic hipster bullshit. Give me a break.
Origins is underrated though, it has a lot of soul. Which was missing from Knight.

knight > city > asylum

Joker being back in City was shit
Joker being back again in Knight despite being dead was shit

>Joker being back in City was shit
Wtf you're talking about, it's only natural that he's in City.
Now Knight definitely shouldn't have him