What's your unpopular opinion about this game?

What's your unpopular opinion about this game?

Attached: elden.jpg (640x480, 33.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o4PLemvim_Y&t=2s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it ended too soon.

Garbage. People act like it reinvented the wheel but it gets mogged by decade-old games of a similar genre.

it's too hard and not fun when enemies kill you in 2-3 hits while taking chip damage themselves
>inb4 level vigor level weapons

Lord of Frenzied Flame ending is not only the best but most appropriate given the themes of the game.

Attached: A5864C04-6AEB-4421-A1C4-DE0849E6638E.jpg (400x400, 23.08K)

8/10
would be 10 if it wasn't as short as it was (i did a 100% run and it was only 120 hours) and if the co op wasn't so bad that it unironically is easier to play the game solo.

I just don't get it, myself. I have never understood the From Soft RPGs. You go around and you kill things. It's boring as fuck.

the open world killed all the dread and fright that hte series is known for. It also made the world/lore even more nonsencial and stupid. So I don't know it really was worth it.

because they're not really rpgs. they're action games like DMC and Bayonetta, the rpg elemnts are relegated only to stats.

Treating it as an open-world RPG when its gameplay and world interaction is near-identical to every single game in this sub-genre is idiotic.
Almost all you do is kill shit. Everything you do is related to killing shit. In Dark Souls it made sense because the world felt vast and endless while still being claustrophobic and most importantly, the world was fucking dead (or undead if you prefer).
It's a neat idea because of the originally punishing gameplay and trek back if you failed but that's pretty much gone here with the large amount of travel points and your fucking mount, and comparing it with other RPGs, western or otherwise, is insulting. As the user above put it it's like calling DMC and Bayonetta RPGs.

Attached: 1537020293123.jpg (500x373, 46.03K)

The controlls are unresponsive and have goten me killed more than once. Whoever thought have the dodge button work on release of circle instead of pressing it is a retard.
I know it`s been like that since Demon Souls, but it worked in these games because they were slow. Now the games are so fast and reliant on reaction dodges, that it actively gets you killed because the dodge is delayd by like 1/3 of a second (which does make a difference)

Story and quest design are absolute garbage

>reload the area to proceed the quest
fuck off with this shit

I put in 50 hours and haven’t fought one decent boss. I could replay Sekiro twice in that time.

Fire Giant is one of the best main bosses.
And I don't say this because I dislike the main bosses, I think they're great.

>It's basically entirely reliant on having an internet connection in order to find several large or important areas. Things like Selia Hideaway or Three Fingers would be practically impossible without player messages or sharing information via guides/forums/etc.
>Mimic Tear is comically overpowered compared to other spirit ashes. The only one that comes close is Tiche.
Still a 9/10 game though.

I find that to be a minor. The thing im pissed about is even though different quests are connected together, they dont interact with each other. Without a guide you're more likely to break half the quests in the game without even knowing what you did wrong. For example, i found ranni and joined her before finding the dagger for rogier and that put him in perma sleep without giving me a single clue what i did wrong, had to check the wiki only to find out i skipped out on most of his quest and possibly fias, because i did one thing first instead of the other. Fuck that, its some amateur tier shit, how hard could it have been for rogier to react to me joining ranni, instead of just skipping everything

This game feels pointless and a chore to play. It's somehow uglier than DS3 and has an empty open world. The worst soundtrack from ever created.

The quest design is almost good by taking a more traditional approach to quests and not holding your hand but they COMPLETELY dropped the ball with most of their quests by having them have no sensible structure to them whatsoever and often having crucial information about the quest only be visible once.
I was looking forward to the quests when I heard that they didn't hold your hand but taking a break from the game but then I find out there's several quests that you can EASILY miss (such as Blaidd's) so I just decided to not deal with this terrible quest design and used guides for most.

I fucking hate holding O to run. I want to be able to use the right stick while running without putting my hand in awkward position.
Also the character is slow. Bosses go fast as fuck so I want go be fast as fuck too. Like Nioh or Sekiro.

They should have made classes exclusive to the network test and made the default character always wretch.

That it's not very good, and that the over the top praise comes from people new to From games that are too excited to pretend to be hardcore.

Attached: ER.png (1898x1446, 441.03K)

It’s good

also dripfeeding recipes and stones is so fucking retarded. I get spells because they're reusable but having to find a recipes then farm materials for something that is utterly disposable is so gay.

The "Waifus" absolutely suck in this game.

hella mad lmao

Attached: E53DE250-2ED6-4171-8983-9B421E46C885.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

I never liked those games either, honestly.

>le delayed animation
>le super quick attacks when you are slow and clunky
This game was just fundamentally flawed and it only needed to have the Sekiro's deflect system implemented to not make the game feel like shit. It is much better if you mod it with this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=o4PLemvim_Y&t=2s

My quest just straight up don`t progress for some reason. Alexander never even left Radahns arena for me

Are you beating the "move the story forward" bosses? You have to do that. It's law.

did you talk to him?

Fire Giant was rushed.
It clearly feels they wanted to do something like Radahn and didn’t bother to figure out what.

Ranni survived. We should have been allowed to kill her.

Have anyone tried killing Ranni before giving the ring?

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 86.5K)

Elden Ring truly proved that FromSoftware is incapable of comprehending what their true fans enjoyed about their soulsborne games. The pattern is clear now more than ever, any FromSoftware project that has Yui Tanimura involved in anyway, will be either mediocre or garbage. Hidetaka Miyazaki said that with Elden Ring "he had to delegate things to others more than usual" and it shows. Elden Ring is not a good soulsborne game, it is one of the worst, if not the worst:
>Open world causes a lot of padding and time wasting by just running around on your mount looking for the good parts.
>Open world completely kills replay value, because of all the down time traveling in the open world has.
>Open world forced them to add a mount and thus mounted combat, which is far inferior to the traditional unmounted combat. Even FromSoftware understood this and disabled mounts in multi-player.
>Open world ruins the traditional progression of difficulty in zones and especially boss fights, the bosses are either too hard because you are underleveld or too easy because you are overleveld, it is an unrefined and unfocused mediocre experience.
>Spirit ashe summon system casualizes the entire game, it is literally an EASY MODE that completely breaks the game and boss AI. Some of the spirit ashe summons at +10 (mimic/tiche) can solo bosses with you just standing there and watching, doing nothing else. Unlike traditional summons, spirit ashe summons do not give the boss a boost in HP and stats.
>Boss Fight experience has taken a significant drop in quality. Sekiro, Bloodborne and even Dark Souls 3 offer superior boss fight experiences.

Elden Ring outsold all previous FromSoftware soulsborne games COMBINED, it is literally over for FromSoftware ARPGs as we know them. All future ARPG projects by FromSoftware will feature an open world of some sort.

Thank God I pirated Elden Ring and didn't waste money on it.

Attached: FromSoftware Teams.png (2130x2076, 774.98K)