Warhammer 40k Darktide

New info recently came out about darktide in an article confirming custom characters (so you don't have to play either of the dykes), class stacking, and a psyker class. Posting the article because fuck Fatshart if it wants to put news behind a paywall.

Attached: 1652979895979.jpg (2156x1443, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PvZiv5V4GeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1652980024901.jpg (2161x1848, 1.66M)

Attached: 1652980150656.jpg (2158x1408, 1.14M)

Attached: 1652980301133.jpg (2164x1441, 1.36M)

Neat stuff, thanks for posting user.

Attached: 1652980426281.jpg (2164x2084, 1.42M)

Attached: 1652980553331.jpg (2167x1426, 1.21M)

>"We talked about Squats"

Attached: file.png (350x285, 100.74K)

Thank God for a character creator, now I'll just have to hope that their dialogues and quips won't be cringe as shit.

Attached: 1652980681239.jpg (2169x3000, 2.51M)

Attached: 1652980821753.jpg (2177x1965, 1.56M)

And that's the last one

I'm excited because playing as a stack of Ogryns sounds hilarious, but the mentions of 'live-service' like systems and the shakyness of the dev team gives me pause.

Cautiously optimistic, but we'll see.

Attached: 1652980951899.jpg (2265x2797, 2.34M)

>play as a psyker
>every single action you take immediately turns into a pipe mania minigame where the punishment for losing is daemonic possession

If my psyker doesn't scream this while I'm blasting lightning and trying to maintain sanity I'll be sorely disappointed
youtube.com/watch?v=PvZiv5V4GeI

Wake me up when they add something Adeptus Mechanicus related

Man Nurgle's getting a lot of love recently, between this game and Chaos Gate.

Does the character customization allow you to change race/gender for each class? If so, will they have male and female voice actors for each of them? Seems too good to be true.

Tldr

This is completely out of fucking nowhere,
But can I just say how criminal it is that we don't have a "Battlefront" style modern 40k game?

I would love to play something like Battlefront 2 but in the 40k Universe.

With Guardsmen being the basic infantry and each class has specific roles and weapons, Such as Kriegsmen having shovels or Commissars having Bolt pistols and Chainswords.

And Space Marines could be the "Heavy" classes that are expensive in "Points" to deploy, But are heavily armored and tanky and balanced in a way to be slow but heavy hitting (I know it's not lore fitting, But from a balance perspective, I feel they would function similarly to like wearing Power Armor in Fallout 4)

And vehicles could spawn in similar to how Battlefield does it,
And also just like in Battlefield 1, Titans could be like "Behemoths" that show up mid way through battle, And can be piloted by multiple players and used to either fight the enemy Titan, Or decimate the entire battlefield.

I'd love to see giant spanning battlefields, With Imperial ships visibly in orbit and bombarding the planet with gigantic plasma bombardments and hundreds of missile strikes at once.

And I'd also love to see maps "Change" mid battle,
Like an Imperial starship falling out of orbit mid match and crashing in the center of the map, And players would have to fight in and around the wreck of the ship as the battle would continue on.

This is shit that Games Workshop should be doing, Instead of trying to pander to ever little bit of tranny fag shit that exists.

Attached: 265431.jpg (256x266, 11.43K)

>Character customization where you create a character for each class
>Classes are (not official names): Guardsmen, Zealot, Ogryn, and Psyker
>To make up for not having distinct individual characters a lot of work has been put into dialogue systems and interactions, with 75,000 lines so far
>Enemies so far: poxwalker/zombie horde equivalent, chaos guardsmen who shoot you and use tactics to try to flank and take cover, heavily armored chaos Ogryn both with melee and heavy ranged weaponry, snipers, flamethrower enemies, large boss plague ogryn, and chaos hounds which pin you like gutter runners, there are more enemies beyond this but these are what we know so far.
>To deal with the additional chip damage you'll receive from ranged fire, all characters have a small regenerating shield that recharges faster when you're close to allies. Hand waved with fluff based on class.
>Class abilities now focused around weapons, all weapons have a secondary ability and the kit you bring is more important to defining your playstyle and role in the group. Weapons are also customizable.
>!!!FS intends to expand the game with additional missions and tell the story over time week by week, levels are more modular and have modifiers to make it easier to pump out new levels. Chaos wastes likely a test run of this system!!!
>When the interviewer joined them FS seemed shaky about the game, but personally thought it played quite well.
I probably missed a thing or two and that was quite a lot already, but here you go.

This isn’t out of nowhere, many people wanted a Battlefield 40k and the closest we got was Eternal Crusade. The problem is only AAA would be able to deliver on it but GW only licenses to low to mid-range studios

It's being made by FatShark, so I can tell you two things for a certainty:
>It's going to be aesthetic and atmospheric as FUCK
>it's going to be buggier than fly shit
Already talking about a premium shop in a full priced game is never a good sign.

You dream too big user.
But I hope your dream comes true some day.