I still can't get over the fact that they expected you to use batteries for this fucking thing

I still can't get over the fact that they expected you to use batteries for this fucking thing.
People defended it at the time, too. Incredible.

>inb4 they released charging packs later
Nobody used those at release.

Attached: Xbox360.jpg (600x600, 31.72K)

Hey look, the second greatest controller ever made.

That's a good thing, retard.

I've been using my 360 controller for PC gaming since circa 2013 not to mention my actual 360. Recently moved to a wired Xbox One controller and not needing to micromanage batteries anymore is a godsend.

Oh yea not to mention the wire is easily replaceable so I'm probably gonna stick to this method for a while.

The charging packs sucked and the wire could only be used for charging. The battery pack in general jutted out too much. The wired 360 controller is still one of the best PC controllers.

I agree wireless controllers are terrible but they fixed this with the One, you can use wired with a USB.

>I still can't get over the fact that they expected you to use batteries for this fucking thing.
Rechargeable batteries have always been a thing. I have some basic bitch Amazon Basics rechargeable AAs and they lasted me over a week of straight play on Elden Ring until I had to swap over to the other two I had ready to go

>buy rechargeable batteries or use the cord
wow, how simple
the ds3 battery was something like 300mah at launch. I'd take the 360 controller any day.

>buy eneloops
>problem solved
They probably expected you to not be retarded.

>using batteries when the controller should just have them built in

Imagine defending this shit. Baby's first controller?

Bro just use some eneloops and swap that shit out between charges no problem, you didn't seriously buy batteries repeatedly right?

Who cares? It's about the design.

But what happens when the proprietary batteries run out and now they're out of print and you controller is dead forever?

This literally doesn't happen.

Yeah who the fuck wants a controller with 40hours of battery life? The 1 hour for the DS3 was more than enough for real gamers.

you might be legit retarded lmao

>use AAs
>batteries available to buy literally everywhere
>can buy regular or rechargeable one
>cheap enough that you can have multiple ones so that if a pair runs out you can pop in another pair and be up and running again in 30 seconds

>built-in battery
>proprietary, replacements sold at a premium if they exist
>usually requires disassembly to replace, if it's even replaceable at all
>will go out of production in a few years after which supply will dry up and sooner or later you'll have to toss your controller in the garbage when the battery dies and you can't find a replacement
>but at least it saves you the extremely minor inconvenience of having to buy AAs I guess
Amazing, the one time a company does a pro-consumer move and people bitch about it because they've been trained to literally never lift a finger for anything. I bet you just throw your controller in the garbage and buy a new one when the internal battery wears out.

Attached: 1646571653852.png (213x201, 11.43K)

It's pretty amazing how retarded OP is. Comedy gold

Controllers shouldn't use batteries at all. They should just be corded.

The Xbox controller on my desk has never contained batteries and is currently connected by wire.

Cords are another point of failure in the controller which is not much better than an integrated proprietary battery. Allowing USB of your choosing, entirely replaceable and separate is the correct choice. Rechargeable batteries of your choosing for wireless is also perfectly fine.

I still use batteries to play with my series X controller on my PC

They sold a wired USB version I got that

Love my wired 360 controller

I think every wireless controller allows you to plug it via a standard USB wire and use it wired that way. Which is a good thing as well since any standard USB wire will do.

>there are still faggots who refuse to use cords
unironically more work, just plug in a cord and go. no extra shit

Attached: KNEEL.jpg (1372x1316, 86.88K)

That controller fucking sucks.

unfortunately finding wired 360 controllers that aren't chink clones is now an exercise in futility since they made like 20x as many wireless ones.

Just use it wired you fucking dipshit your PC is like 3 feet away at most

What are you even talking about?
I'm talking about back in the day. It was hilarious that they used batteries.

user, I literally just bought the Series X and those controllers STILL FUCKING USE BATTERIES, these niggas are still in 2005

What?
There's no fucking way.