Summer direct thread

>hopes
>fears
>expectations
POST EM

Attached: 1781684A-0FC3-42E0-B45C-2D04C9802B63.jpg (1800x900, 77.63K)

Metroid is vaporware, XB3 looks like shit, Zelda is a DLC they hold back for their next console, Bayonetta is just Bayonetta

There is no hope unless you are retarded

>he thinks there will be a summer direct in the first place

metroid prime HD + prime 4 teaser is all I really want

I only care about Zelda.

I am admittedly worried Nintendo may not do one

there is too much coming out to skip out on a direct

There really really isn't. They can just keep coasting on Social Media reveals instead of a direct.

>xenoblade 3
>splatoon 3
>bayonetta 3
>botw2
plus unrevealed stuff

>Xenoblade 3
Social Media Reveals
>Splatoon 3
Social Media Reveals
>BOTW 2 and Bayonetta 3
For their late year direct.
Pokemon is their big game for the Holidays and that will also be revealed thru Pokemon presentations instead.

social media "reveals" don't happen to major games outside of corona year

>Nintendo does some summer release promos
>Nindie reel
>DLC wave for Mario Kart
>Advance Wars let out of the refugee camp
>Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon get a release date

They are literally already happening. They've been posting more and more info for both of those games on Twitter.

xenoblade 2 had even more of this but still had a general direct placement in summer plus a direct of its own

Who cares it's not BoTW2

So on a scale from 1 to 10, what is the likelihood of a direct even happening this summer

Pikmin 4

Attached: bcbdcf04b74923579893c47bf12bb8a4.png (604x441, 453.3K)

That was before Nintendo had a easy "hehehe E3 is dead that means we can get away with not talking about shit for a while longer" excuse.

literally does not matter. i already got xenoblade and thats all i wanted.

>hopes
Odyssey 2, Pikmin 4, Advance Wars finally releasing, F-Zero and Star-Fox. Even though I just replayed it Paper Mario TTYD HD rerelease would be cool and I think weirdly the time is right for it now more than ever for reasons I won't really get into here.
GBA on the NSO service, Startropics 2 and Super Mario RPG as well.
Something weird on the NSO that will make me actually sign up for it, similar to Super Mario 35
Some kind of Switch Pro announcement, just so people will shut the fuck up about it

>fears
I don't really have any fears, the direct will probably be fairly boring but considering they've already got Splatoon, Pokemon and Xenoblade my "fear" would be just a be no direct at all, or a series of game specific directs instead of a proper direct

>expectations
I kind of don't really know what to expect. I guess if I had to pull a list of predictions out of my ass, it would look like:
>Wind Waker HD as a standalone $60 game, no mention of TP
>Nintendo Selects announced, reprints of games that retail for $30 and have a gold spine, starting with Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2
>GB/GBC for NSO, GBA for NSO+
>Bayonetta
>A mention of Metroid Prime 4 in some form
>Title release for BotW 2
>More shovelware DLC for Mario Kart
>Some B-List titles to pad out the calendar, similar to WarioWare last year. No idea what this would be. Maybe some kind of Mario and Luigi revival?
>Mario Party DLC, like a new board. This game is legit great.
>A couple major announcements for 2023

The Mario Kart DLC has established that they plan to keep support for the Switch going until the end of 2023, so I expect they'll have to justify that with some date-less announcements. So I'd say there's at least an 80% chance of a June direct.

Attached: 1634538726276.gif (434x887, 65.76K)

Damn it's almost like twitter is one of the most trafficked websites in the world and that it would be an important avenue for advertising regardless of the state of real world press conferences and other more conventional presentations.

Think about how cheap and effective it is to just slap a fucking game screenshot and some text and let it spread compared to making a video or press releases.

Attached: 1648914580535.jpg (481x548, 50.35K)

CoD WaW remastered or any CoD on the switch