Superior to the original in every way except that it doesn't explain the first game's plot in a recap

>Superior to the original in every way except that it doesn't explain the first game's plot in a recap
>Still fails
Why?

Attached: 2e6a071865dabab3bb409e3c72bd4eee0a0d7255e721037c2ebb0e97d5f93ecc.jpg (1600x740, 342.71K)

>Superior to the original in every way
It wasn't, that's why it failed.

Attached: Bitch Queen.png (918x656, 1.01M)

The companions sucked.
At least 1 had Durance and Zahua

Because it's a direct sequel with returning companions who directly reference the first game's events. Absolutely retarded move if you actually want sales because it means by default you're more or elss capped to the previous game's sales since most people buying it will only be those who played the first game.

But it was

Rekke and Ydwin > Everyone else

nah

Attached: 1644012076112.jpg (466x466, 15.43K)

Ja

BG2 did this and sold alright I believe

bruh did you see the same ending I did. It was fucking trash.

It actually was hugely inferior to the first in plot.

This kind of games only appeal to total nerds. It happens nerds like pathfinder and this abomination with original mechanics is just redundant.

Its a sequel that goes against everything fans liked about the first one.
It didnt happen with BG because BG 2 is a direct sequel for real that builds upon the first

>Its a sequel that goes against everything fans liked about the first one.
How exactly?

people got burned out exploring the world areas and sea battles before even touching Hasongo to continue the main quest, and were grossly overleveled and geared when they did. the open world was a mistake

The first one has a somber tone. The second tries to be yar har pirates are funny.
Returning characters are nothing like the first, at all. Everyone behaves differently.
The themes of the first are absent in the second.
Companions in 2 are ibjectively some of the worst in the history of rpgs.

Bg2 worked because it builds upon the first one. This one is just another game with the skin of the first one put over it

I took a shit earlier, just because it was better than that time I got assblasted by expired milk doesn't mean it smelled nice.

It's shit. Sawyer needs to fucking stick to writing. Not that modern Obsidian has any hope of being good again, they're the new Bioware.

Yes.

Attached: WRPGs.png (1453x740, 1.56M)

>Returning characters are nothing like the first, at all. Everyone behaves differently.
How so? Eder is still the same farm boy from the first, Aloth is still the cowardly fag, and Pallegina is the overly serious zealot.

>Companions in 2 are ibjectively some of the worst in the history of rpgs.
That would be Pathfinder or Tides of Numenera. Most of the companions in 2 are decent and I honestly, liked them far more than the first game.

If you make a party based rpgs, companions determine 90% of the game. Even if gameplay is shit, people play party based rpgs for the party.

>Bg2 worked because it builds upon the first one.
it works because the first game is barely relevant.

Well, is the game more or less likded than the first one? I just answered the question. You are entittled to have your shitty opinion

The first one wasn't particularly good. People felt obligated to praise it after playing it, even if they dropped the game, but that doesn't mean they'd buy another like it.

Anyone who says the original is superior needs to have their brain examined.
The first POE was shit, the writing is utter dogshit. If I need to open up the wiki within the first ten minutes of gametime in order to understand basic plot the story is fucking shit.
Whoever wrote POE made the plot way too overcomplicated and deep and has no idea how to manage pacing for the average player and reader. Seriously.
How many flashbacks and out of body scenes did the original POE have? Dealing with spirits, souls, all of this crap that is way too complicated for most players just starting the game fresh.
Not everyone is super hardcore and reads the wiki and the forums before starting the game.
At least the second POE2 kept the writing a bit softer and lighter in tone and didnt do out of body flashes every other conversation you have.

Attached: F-14.jpg (900x542, 248.26K)

I aussure you that back then, it wasnt. 2 obscures it precicely because its just a better version of 1. The thijng we expect from sequels and that pillars didnt do

So, game too complex, therefore bad? lmfao

Because the game is technically sound an competetent and they're afraid of being called out for being lazy or stupid for not understanding the plot
After completing both games I still dont understand the fuck was going on in the first game and the second one is little better, you're literally chasing a God or something like that, for revenge? What's your motivation as a protagonist? Same for the first game which is why it was so hard to get invested in the story.
Yes the game is technically good and the gameplay is good.
But fuck me whoever wrote these games got high off the smell of their own farts and doesnt know how to write good games
KISS Keep it simple stupid

how relevant 1 is to 2 is not something that changes, especially with time.

Look you retard did you not understand what I wrote?
IF YOU HAVE TO OPEN UP THE WIKI WITHIN THE FIRST TEN MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY, THE GAME'S PLOT ALREADY HAS ISSUES
WHAT DO YOU CALL PACING
WHAT DO YOU CALL GOOD WRITING
See now come the retards defending the game "hurrr durr youre too stupid to enjoy it"
No you fucking retard, the writing is bad, If I dont get into it then it isnt good, simple

I passed on it just because I'm not the biggest fan of the pirate vibe.

I loved the setting of Tyranny. Just sucks how horrible the gameplay is. It's the only game I ever set to baby difficulty mode just because I hated the gameplay that much I didn't want to bother. The dungeons were also the worst I've ever experienced in a game.

>plot way too overcomplicated and deep
From your first post, you cretin.
Also
>the writing is bad, If I dont get into it then it isnt good, simple
This is literally just you saying, "If I don't like it, then it's shit". Fuck off, you retarded mongoloid.

>IF YOU HAVE TO OPEN UP THE WIKI WITHIN THE FIRST TEN MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY,
Fucking hell, stop embarrassing yourself. Deadfire flopped because it was shit.

Attached: c7036379c11d992c65d069cbaa1256dd.jpg (564x856, 63.18K)

the game is actually good now, they basically removed the boat stuff from the game.

Attached: 1512554772003.jpg (640x560, 25.58K)