Are there any other good games like X-COM?

Attached: XCOM.jpg (968x544, 168.96K)

Yeah.

Xenonauts for that sweet classiccom feel.

do not fall for this post

original x-com

Gears Tactics is XCOM with a gears of war skin, perhaps a little easier though.

Please give me names

Just play the Long War mod for XCOM: EW

>Long War mod for XCOM: EW
What does it change?

What's wrong with it?

Gears Tactics is really well polished, but entirely linear and has special characters you have to take/use and one of them is that black lady every dev has used the last few years and little in the way of customization

Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters just came out and is 40k X-Com. It's by a smaller AA studio that's only done phone games and it shows, somewhat lower budget and somewhat jank, but well conceived with good customization and level destructibility.

Attached: FMS1rSuWUAcp2yw.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 1.29M)

Long War does exactly what it says on the tin - makes the game much much longer, and more difficult. People either love it or hate it because of how much it changes the pacing from the original and how many no-win scenarios it can introduce. It also gives you a lot more tools and toys though.

The biggest complain people have about it generally is introducing difficulty via HP bloat and bullshit alien abilities

Damn. Xcom gave me so many memories, I played both the original and enemy within multiple times, then for some reason never got into 2, every time I tried I lost interest, anybody else?

Unironically Mario+Rabbids

Gears tactics of a superior version of xcom

silent storm maybe?
its ww2 though and has action points so less streamlined than the new xcoms.

Attached: 5910fd415bafe3a7317e9fa3.png (1920x1080, 3.47M)

2 has very different vibe and pacing than og X-Com which at the very least tries to be more faithful to the original (if greatly simplified). It leans much more heavily into a super powered/plucky rebellion aesthetic, which is surprising since X-Com 1 is supposedly about trained military operatives sent from across the world and X-Com 2 is literally about untrained civilians, ex-mil, survivors and paramilitary waging what is supposed to be a guerilla war but they come across as far more operator or even super heroic ala Delta Squad from Republic Commando.

there's also Phoenix Point but even after all this time with all it's DLC out and all the updates i'm still not sure it's worth playing unless you really like the aesthetic and vibe.

It's understandable, they were clearly trying to make XCOM2 feel different from the previous game. I think it's just hard to make a XCOM-like without having it feel like a glorified mod or cosmetic reskin, that's probably why XCOM2 changes up the flavor so much and why Firaxis isn't doing a XCOM3. That said, maybe you(and OP?) could check out the modding scene for XCOM:EU/EW, XCOM2 and OpenXcom whichever "flavor" you prefer the most.

I enjoyed newer Shadowrun games, which borrow a lot from X-COM in tactical mode. People tend to prefer Dragonfall, although I liked Hong Kong more. You don't miss much if you skip Returns.

Also original Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Gate is a good game in style of classic X-Com.

Attached: srhk_combat.jpg (1920x1080, 296.91K)

Phantom doctrine if you want to larp as a kgb/cia/mossad spy

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

Yea I think that’s what I didn’t like about 2, the whole raggedy squad rebelling against the superpower cliche. It’s like I’m the general of a bunch of cockroach cells. Might still give it a try tho.
They’ve gotta be working on 3 by now, I don’t see them not.

Mutant Year Zero
Mechanicus

Attached: mKBtiyQb9A4WTWXT1NYBNEDl.jpg (1440x810, 286.28K)

Xenonauts is just soulless X-com

Play expeditions rome
Banner saga

xcom 3 should be out any day now

Jake is making that marvel game though.

Is the original x-com worth playing?

Battletech is like XCOM with mechs, i'd reccomend just playing it with mods since the base game is meh

Attached: 1Qoj9Mv.jpg (2560x1440, 738.88K)

XPiratez is the best XCOM game i have ever played
Absolutely

Can't recommend the PC version, it still has that memory leak issue and you need to restart the .exe every hour or so, else the load times can take as long as a minute or two.

What's good about the original compared to the new ones?