It could have been a 10/10 if it had proper dungeons...

It could have been a 10/10 if it had proper dungeons. The open world is great and all but dungeons were always the core part of Zelda games and it has some of the weakest dungeons in the series

Attached: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (1200x630, 237.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-on-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-technologys-role-his-involvement-more/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's an empty tech demo with shitty minigames.
Fun for a couple hours but then the novelty wears off.

Yeah we really missed out on getting an item that’s only useful once

are we gonna pretend the 120 shrines weren't enough?? all in all there was maybe 15 dungeons throughout all of them combined

It's definitely one of my least favorites. I always come back to OoT and even TP but never this game.

but they all looked and played the same (including divine beasts)

>The open world is great and all but dungeons were always the core part of Zelda games
nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-on-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-technologys-role-his-involvement-more/
>The relationship between Breath of the Wild and The Legend of Zelda first comes from the reactions of people who have been able to test the game, we are not trying to recreate the first Zelda. At the time, the latter was created with the idea of freedom of action and a miniature garden in mind. When the series started to evolve, we went to make more and more games with only one path to follow, which pushed us to create larger and more complex dungeons, to imagine enigmas requiring specific items which ended up giving very sequential games. We then decided to go back to the roots of the series and we started developing the game we are showing today.
No actually it was always exploring the world until LA and OoT at which point they started turning the games into linear dungeon rushes, and in the case of OoT it made all the dungeons formulaic and aimed at dumb kids.

sure, but did they need to look different? their contents were varied, and their locations were diverse

ALTTP was also linear. That's not inherently a bad thing however since those games were tight, focused experiences

>ALTTP was also linear.
No it was not.

you could tackle every dungeon after the Eastern Palace in whichever order you wanted

Its understand that Nintendo wanted a clean break. The same old Forest/Fire/Water Temples had been done to death.

The Divine Beasts are excellent. If any of the previous Zelda's had contained even just one dungeon like a Divine Beast, everyone would call it genius, a highlight of the game and beg for more like.

Attached: 1560600878942.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

That webm has better level design than the entirety of all previous Zelda dungeons. I genueinly think BotW was too intelligent for its target audience

Dungeons are pointless shit in every Zelda game.

A lot of people prefer fleshed out dungeons with each one having a unique theme. Every shrine takes 5 mins max and you're stuck looking at the same looking interiors and enemies just about every time.

It was until you got to the dark world.

This, I just want to go to the town, collect 5 chickens, got o a forest, get a sword, whack a big pig's tail and then see the credits

sure climbing into a kaiju and rearranging the orientation was pretty fun 4 or 5 times, imagine how shitty it would be if they did it again for the sequel

Shrines are not a suitable replacement for dungeons at all because Zelda dungeons were never purely about puzzles

yeah but that was just the theme of this game, it's kinda like being made about the whole sailing thing in wind waker or something

zelda botw trannies have no idea what other zelda games are like, and the ones that suck this game's dick compare it to zelda on the nes and even that game had proper boss fights, item, explorations, dungeons, something botw doesn't have

well dungeons have never been about story focus, there's never been npcs breaking down what any dungeon has ever been, what its role was
it was just an assortment of various puzzles inside a thematic interior

please stop coping in order to excuse this game's shortcomings and how it's barely a zelda game

The puzzles in BotW are far better though. They're open to player agency and allows them to create a non-binary solution rather than game deciding they're now allowed to have an item which will instantly solve everything.

And instead of getting an item, using the item to solve the puzzles, then using the item to kill the boss you get puzzles that are actually good.

>even that game had proper boss fights, item, explorations, dungeons, something botw doesn't have

BotW has all of that though.

>the first 20% of the game was kind of linear
That doesn't make it a linear game.

People who've never played LoZ on NES should stop pretending they have. It's obvious when they don't know what the game was about.

all nintendo games are tech demos that are made exclusively to sell a new hardware or gimmick

It’s not about the item you literal retard

>a non-binary solution
>non-binary

>5 reskined ganon fights and one final boss you can't even die in is good boss design
lmao lol

>People who've never played LoZ on NES should stop pretending they have
they compare it to botw in order to excuse how this piece of shit is barely a zelda game
>see the first game in the series was also very open that means this is a real zelda game
not even realizing the franchise didn't even form an identity and a formula until alttp, even zelda 2 was a sidescroller
these zoomer fags just repeat whatever they hear on their youtube video essays, it's fucking pathetic

Ask me how I know you’re 22 years old max

because you're wrong and stupid? that'd be my guess but hey, you aught know yourself best aye

HAHAHAHA you cannot make this shit up

>The puzzles in BotW are far better though
>BROOOOOO I CAN USE THIS ROCK, SLIDE THIS ROCK AND PUT THIS ROCK ON TOP OF THIS ROCK WITH MY MAGICAL TABLET! SO COOL
the puzzles are shit since you use the same items all the time, sure it rewards experimentation but more often than not, it just breaks the dungeon and the outcome is not natural