Zoomer here

What's the appeal?

Attached: Deus Ex.jpg (283x351, 16.26K)

It's fun.

Was arguably the first “play your way” type game where multiple playstyles are viable. The current state of AAA games has a lot to thank Deus Ex for.

Why are zoomers so obsessed with old games?

it was good for its time but it didn't age well

It's one of the best games ever made. Like, it's not fucking rocket science. It's an fps/rpg/stealth/immersive sim hybrid that lets you play how you want. It's one of the most replayable games of all time because depending on your build and a couple of choices you make along the way you can end up playing a completely different game by the end. I've played through as a stealthy sniper who occasionally gets out the rocket launcher when I blow my cover, a pyromaniac hacker who like torching kids much to the chagrin of my boss's, an almost entirely non-lethal shadow who knocked out almost all my opponents rather than killing them and so on. Add to that a really well-written plot about conspiracies which has ended up being incredibly prescient sometimes to the point where it sometimes feels like they were predicting the future, performed with mediocre-to-bad voice acting which has made nearly every single line a meme.

Only problem is the first level is a bit of a trial by fire and can filter the fuck out of new players. And it can take a while to get used to certain mechanics - especially the aiming which is shit until you start spending experience points on it. You can get one-to-one aiming fairly quickly it's just that you can't get it for the first few levels.

its the best fps game ever made

Elon Tusk set it as his profile picture of twitter for a while.
He an oldfag

theres like 0 challenge.
I would literally play pacman over this game, atleast theres gameplay value.
I admit the storyline for this game is well thought out and unique, so why cant I just watch it on youtube?

>storyline
it's just dumb 90s conspiracy shit, only chuds take it seriously

It's a fantastic game. Even my normie ass only-plays-Halo friends hold it as one of their favorite games.
why don't you go watch a fucking movie if playing a videogame is too much for you

most people my age dont care. or if they do they just watch some youtube video about the game and pretend thats the same as playing

>theres like 0 challenge.
wut? It does have decent challenge, especially in the early game. Admittedly if you know what you're doing you can make a way overpowered build, but that won't happen until at least a third of the way through and is very, very unlikely to happen on your first playthrough.

Also you were playing on either Hard or Realistic right user? If you were playing on Easy then that's why the game was easy. It literally says so.

>theres like 0 challenge
You havent played it

Has beaten doom eternal on nightmare, including DLC
Emperor in Tekken 7
>Go watch a movie if this game is to much
Nigga this game literally is a movie, my 4 year old nephew could complete it not even dedicating his full attention to it
Oldfags I swear.

Attached: 1640099414890.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

Yeah you really haven't played it have you. Stop pretending to be underage it's boring.

because there's hardly any games that are just games nowadays.

A game that ask a modern philosophical question of whether a civilization is best govern by the true will of the masses which can lead to chaos, a secret society of intellectuals who believe they know better than common man who in turn become corrupt as power ultimately does or a benevolent but a dictator god who will advanced humanity as a whole at the cost of all individual freedoms.

Attached: 1643581597392.png (250x225, 85.41K)

It legitimately has a wonderful story with great endings.

Its based and redpilled

How to update?
The gameplay is very dark