Does anybody else prefer the beginnings of games over the endgame...

Does anybody else prefer the beginnings of games over the endgame? I'd have more fun with a +1 rusty dagger with a 15% chance to inflict poison than a +infinity mega skullfucker that decimates everything. I prefer the early parts of Terraria, for example. The part where you slowly get better gear is the most fun part for me. Post-plantera everything speeds up so much that it stops being fun. Am I just autistic?

Attached: lead armor.png (280x440, 2.86K)

A boring endgame is more of a game design problem than a player preference.

my brother has played through the first half of fire emblem awakening at least 15 times now. He's still never beaten the game.

A lot of people don't like post-hard mode Terraria.

i've restarted a morrowind character 300 times and never finished the main quest

the beginning of minecraft when your in a haphazard hermit hole is much more fun than when you have an established base

No, there's something about that feeling of potential still ahead that's addictive, and something else about the feeling of being a small fry in a big world (that's still reasonably controllable) that just feels comforting

Having said all that though does also apply

>maplestory
i loved 1-30 pre-bb so much i did it many, many times. the beginning maps, armors, weapons, music... all pure soul. i love it.

im playing epics free borderlands 3, last time ive played since 1, and i got a legendary after my first quest..... and now im getting legendaries like hot cakes that are 100x stronger than my jakobs rifles. i sell them all because there's something about the beginning struggle that i like. its a simpler time before shit gets whacky.

Grinding is shit, especially with random drop games. That's why most 'open world crafting games' wind up being mostly abandoned by 9/10 players after 1-2 hours.

I don't understand the need to hide fun items behind a 1/256 chance drop rate on an enemy that has a 1% chance to spawn also you need 10 of them game play, especially when people who REALLY want it will just find a cheat engine to unlock it anyways.

I've never finished divinity original sin 2.
it's always a binge purge cycle.

I love grinding it feels satisfying to have rare shit
t. Shiny hunter autist

Same. I've made 2 solo and 1 co-op playthrough and never finished it.
Idk if the problem is me or the game. I like the game but It's not like I do this with other games...

Problem is that once you reach hardmode there is almost nothing to explore while new gear is mostly locked behind bosses.

That's why rogue-likes exist, that's why Tarkov exists, you get to play through 'the beginning' hundreds of times, sometimes you never reach 'the end.'

What you're talking about is why I like Baldur's Gate 1 more than most RPGs. Low level DnD gives you a great sense of progression for every level up and new piece of gear. A consequence of the progression is that you start off extremely weak, most classes will die if something so much as sneezes on you and you can't land hits for shit, but that's part of the fun too. Any small buff makes a big difference so something like having two extra spell casts per rest or just being able to wear a helmet or heavier piece of armor is a big deal

literally me, i always drop it around chapter 19 and end up restarting
starting over again now actually, I will beat it this time

I fucking hate the very start of Terraia but once you get to the point where you have a lot of loot from underground chests and gold armour that's when the game gets real good.
For me it's
Early Hardmode > Post EoC-WoF > Post Planterra (I love the dungeon and matrians) > Lunar Events >>>> Earlygame

I prefer endgame because i finally get to use all the tools

Attached: file.png (500x500, 144.08K)

Terraria's prehardmode and early hardmode are the best where you can still explore the world and have a reason to be anywhere but an arena waiting for the next boss
endgame is a glorified boss rush and a few of the fights end up feeling like the same floating hitbox spamming projectiles at you

Nah, that's normal with creative-type games. Terraria, Minecraft, Starbound, Valheim, V Rising, etc.

I love early hardmode, it just feels like there's so much that's opened up to you and so much cool new stuff to get.

terraria sucks balls until you get movement/flight items