Well?

Well?

Attached: E3FDAB9C-8A21-498D-B3EE-3AF88B5749BE.jpg (615x221, 65.12K)

no wiki
or lets plays to guide them

You can't press X to win and have to actually play the game

Objectified women.

Limited lives and continues.

Game Overs

No streamers to play the game for them

Having to pay for guides

The pure tactility of everything.

Shitty graphics

No social media telling you what to think, & what you should play. Hivemind culture was non existent, want to interact with people? Do it in person Want advise? Ask someone at your local game store or at work. If you have a opinion that makes people mad then you have to argue your points

Cheat codes.

gamefaqs was a thing, as I recall. There were also IRC bots that had guides and walkthroughs and whatnot on dalnet and quakenet.

limited continues

Attached: chuckle.gif (250x250, 979.19K)

well you had to ask for it which would sometimes end up with your thread getting nuked by faggot mods

Gamefaqs has been around since 1995 and before that there were strategy guides and Gamepro

>gamefaqs
>in the 90s

Internet usage was not widespread at home until after the year 2000.

The advertisements - obviously
Chat boxes in online games - obviously
GameShark - NOOO YOU CANT JUST PLAY IT THE WAY THE DEVS DIDNT INTEND TO

No metacritic is the biggest one, there’s no website you can go on and see reviews from a e-celeb or game journalists, games are sold on word of mouth praise.

You have to pay for a game.

Yeah but how many people were actually using gamefaqs from 1995-2000? I'd guess a couple thousand at most.

No shitty memes to parrot, and you'd have to actually find humor within the game itself or your friends playing it together, instead of screaming about how its "lolsorandumb reddit tranny shit" for attention on Any Forums

Internet wasn’t widespread until the 2000s, the king of pop live streamed a concert on the internet back in 1999 iirc and only managed to get 10 million viewers

You dumb zoomer, the 90s is when home internet started to take off

The lack of mass marketing is the biggest one.

"Toxic behaviour" like insulting each other and BM was not only allowed, but sometimes encouraged

Only if you were pretty rich.

Memory Cards

In 1999 the majority of people who had internet access had dialup, and streaming anything was not feasible for them. It was fine for doing things like looking up FAQs in games though. Or you could look it up at school or something where internet access was starting to build out.

Dialup started to grow exponentially around 1995. Lots of people had it. These were the golden years of AOL. it wasnt until late 90s that broadband started to ramp up.

I lived in the backwoods of New Jersey and had DSL in 1999, pretty sweet for playing Quake 2 and shit. Yes it was relatively rare, but 56K was not.

I too lived in the era, I never even got dial-up until 2001.

attractive women, probably

>the age of AOL
>thinks online was restricted to the "pretty rich"

You're not white

No cutscenes.

Having to restart games when you stopped playing them even though they were relatively short.

Reading