Game presents the player with a seemingly benign choice of things, practically fluff flavor text

>game presents the player with a seemingly benign choice of things, practically fluff flavor text
>actually the choice has a major gameplay impact depending on what you choose
>this is never explained anywhere in the game, and you could go forever without knowing your gameplay was drastically different for it
Is this dishonest game design?

Attached: KH1Choice2.jpg (1920x1080, 73.7K)

As a kid I always thought That it affected gameplay play somehow. Sure I didn’t know exactly what it did, but It was pretty obvious

>game has to explain everything to you
retard

mechanics that the player can't see aren't bad mechanics. like what the fuck does the LUCK stat do in most games?

it also means there are 6 different soras with 3 different leveling speeds

I had one friend that chose the shield and go for the hard mode because he wanted the game to last longer

Attached: 12312311111.jpg (384x372, 29.49K)

In Front Mission 3 you unknowingly choose from two separate storilines at the sstart just dependng if you go to one place or another without any implications, riight at the start.

>Sword increases damage, shield increases defense

Woah who could possibly predict that this would have major game play implications?? Such hecking epic game design really keeps you guessing

>game gives you a representation of physical attack, magical attack and defense
>game asks you to pick one as favorite and to ditch another one
>hurrdurr this wasn't explained nowhere
You can't be serious

>game shouldn't tell you that you're at the difficulty selection menu selecting your difficulty
This is better?

>here is a sword, wand, and shield
>pick one
>btw you only actually ever use a sword in this game

the ez, press X to win mode in KH1, +sword-wand, isn't that much different than the hardest selection, +wand-shield

>Pick your difficulty green yellow or red

Your retarded ass: Woah, what could this subtle choice possibly mean?? Will this have effects on my gameplay??

Attached: Screenshot_20220324-110736_Chrome.jpg (88x77, 2.72K)

I thought that if you picked the other stuff you would get the corresponding key-
>pick shield, get keyshield
I wasn't a very smart kid

It promotes replayability, which is a good thing

>game presents the player a cool sword to use right off the bat
>takes it away after 1 fight and never lets you use it again

Uh bro actually play Kingdom Hearts you don't use any swords you use a keyblade.

This is the very essence of soul.

>you can't do that one mushroom heartless mission unless you picked magic

Choosing these nearly completely changes many abilities that you get at different points throughout the game.

Soul.

Post the pic explaing all the dialog for the 3 choices i remember it being really soulful and cool

I really wish games did this more. That way you talk to a friend about the game and you both have no fucking clue what the other is talking about

It's like this in Cyberpunk 2077.
It's also like this in Omori.
Nier has an entire game dedicated to this idea.

>actually implying that anyone makes the same inferences to medieval and fantasy weapons as they do to colors

Attached: 123.jpg (220x293, 45.51K)

Zoomers really are this stupid, huh?

>People moan about the weapon choice
>Not the Time of Day choice directly after that completely alters the rate you level up despite being even more obtuse.

>major gameplay impact
Lmao no it doesn't. I beat the game on Proud mode or whatever it's called and it's easy as hell

Reminder that the shield is for cowards.

Attached: 1651682137826.png (483x830, 486.36K)