Deus Ex and Tomb Raider allegedly both getting a lot of more entries

From a Kotaku article:

>When the Embracer Group bought Tomb Raider, Deus Ex and a bunch of other stuff earlier this month, fans got excited that they might actually get to see a few more games out of these beloved series than the stingy Square Enix ever managed during its decade of neglect.

>Well, you/we might be getting that and then some, because in Embracer’s latest financial results, the company says that after the “overwhelming and positive response” to the purchases, they see “a great potential” in releasing as many games—and other things—based on those properties as they can manage

and from Embracer's financial report

>"After the end of the quarter, we further strengthened our development capabilities and IP-portfolio by entering into an agreement to acquire Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal and Square Enix Montreal, including Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief and Legacy of Kain and other IPs. The announcement got an overwhelming and positive response. We see a great potential, not only in sequels, but also in remakes, remasters, spinoffs as well as transmedia projects across the Group."

kotaku.com/tomb-raider-deus-ex-embracer-new-games-remake-remaster-1848952698

Attached: do sex.png (781x438, 867.56K)

Shadow was so shit. I just wanted it to be over.

Attached: 20220208034144_1.jpg (1920x1080, 403.49K)

>We see a great potential, not only in sequels, but also in remakes, remasters, spinoffs as well as transmedia projects across the Group."
I can't wait to buy the Deus Ex remake and watch the Netflix original series. Ha ha.
No, but seriously, I hope they rape Human Revolution instead of the original.

Attached: 1446521862830.png (480x368, 174.53K)

Yeah milk that shit!!!

This
This

THQ Nordic (Embracer Group) has made trash lately. I don't trust them.

So there's gonna be one more Deus Ex and Tomb Raider that will turn out good, or even great, and then Eidos is going to go back to being Eidos and fuck up the next one so badly, that Embracer will not be giving them enough budget to fix their shit anymore. Exact same thing that happenned after SquareEnix took over Eidos. My bet is Embracer will start regretting buying this shit company within the next 4 years.

>THQ Nordic (Embracer Group) has made trash lately. I don't trust them.
Eh, it's them but their studios. Nordic are only the publisher and from what I've seen, they're pretty hands off when it comes to game development.

Really enjoyed rise,but hope they finally bring back the real lara

>Sexy Lara will return
Can't wait

Attached: TR_33.jpg (495x747, 97.22K)

>remakes, remasters
Tomb Raider could definitely benefit from this, 2 and 3 were never remade, modern controls and a fresh coat of paint would be cool

same

That's a lot of nice words, but I'm so burned out on modern vidya' devs releasing junk.

Attached: lara punchout.jpg (1366x768, 150.17K)

Well these guys have produced some decent remakes at least, looking forward to Destroy All Humans 2

>we're gonna flood the market with half-baked crap with YOUR favorite logo IPs on it!
T-thanks…

Attached: 1635513742787.jpg (493x352, 16.11K)

Classic Tomb Raider is what it is thanks to the digital controls. If you add analog movement and assist the player constantly then you end up with complete garbage because half the gameplay mechanics are gone.
You said it yourself, its been tried already with Anniversary, Legend and Underworld and those games are shit that nobody cares about.
None of those games did remotely as good in sales as the original series (excluding AoD) or the latest reboot.

What a shame. It was good franchise. What a rotten way to die

What i would do

>hire a small studio to make a tombraider 2 anniversary style remake
>4k + raytracing versions of deus ex HR and mankind divided (strip out mtx) for current gen consoles to create a stepin point for new players

>and those games are shit that nobody cares about
I like them, fuck PS1 tank controls

Attached: 1535501035258.png (362x368, 140.45K)

I'm extremely skeptical. THQ is a nickel and dime operation. Say what you want about Squee, when they dropped a budget on these devs, it was huge. Embracer *could* potentially drop the dosh and make some quality work but the big question is if they will or not.

I think they could do it one of two ways. Either go balls out and drop a crap load of cash on these IPs and then settle into some smaller side games or do the reverse and build up to it to test the market. There is risk either way. I think I would probably do a Deus Ex game properly and then work on tomb raider slowly.

What I would do
>Commission a Nightdive port of DX1 where you can switch between the PC version cutscenes, graphics, music and mechanics and the PS2 version of all of those

i dont think eidos wants to touch deus ex 1 untill jensens trilogy is finished

Make a Gex sequel.

>boomer gex teams up with zoomer cousin, neither of them understand the others quips

Why does Tomb Raider need a huge budget? To turn it into Uncharted with minimal gameplay and an intrusive story?

It was ok, for a Tomb Raider game.

You mean like they did with the last 3 games?

Nice desu ne

dont underestimate the budget needed purely for the number of eidos/crystal dynamics employees

Truth is, the Tomb Raider is an extremely overrated series, the very first games were shit, the Legend Lara ones were good, and the nu-Lara were ok

>very first few games were shit
>games so well known the basic nirmie in the nineties knew who lara croft was

tr1/2 are regarded as classics and rightfully so

Exactly, bloated budgets for shit games. A return to the Legend-Underworld type gameplay would both be welcome and probably lower the budget.

>in releasing as many games—and other things—based on those properties as they can manage
I think i'd prefer DE to stay dead than have this.

here's a crazy idea: explore tombs. The new games were more like murder simulators. what is this tiny woman doing murdering hundreds of people in the wilderness for? occasional murder is okay but the tombs were almost all optional. I don't get it. She's basically an archeologist, you could map areas, catalogue wildlife/plants, remains, trinkets, etc. There's a lot they could do with the game besides murder.

>tr1/2 are regarded as classics and rightfully so
So are Goldeneye and Halo, which were FPS for people who never played an actual FPS in their life, see where I'm getting at?

I wish sony bought them. 200 mill for guaranteed multi-million sellers? How could you not?