Integrated batteries are bullshit and I'm tired of pretending they're not

Integrated batteries are bullshit and I'm tired of pretending they're not.

Attached: ps4_controller_battery_replacement.jpg (1800x1042, 382.71K)

PS4 controller served me a long time, so no, you're wrong.

>PlayStation chimp
suffer

Lol you have seen not seen anything yet.

I fucking hate how hard it is to find wired controllers now, and that we went from 4 inputs back to 2 for some dumb fucking reason.

>pop one out
>change it
That was so hard and inconvenient!!! Noooo save me AA man!

They have their uses but if there's room for a standard size replaceable battery then I'd prefer that.

Too bad AA batteries hold zero fucking charge compared to these packs.

PCfag here that uses Xbox controllers (I like the staggered analog sticks mainly).
I've actually wondered, is there a specific reason for the integrated battery in PS controllers? Is it needed for form factor (to fit the touch controls in? I dunno if PS has rear touch controls, I haven't had anything PS since the PSP).
It just doesn't make sense to me not to use AA's or something that can be swapped or charged inside the controller.
The main issue here is if you use controllers for anything other than home gaming sessions where you're willing to wait for a charge. When I get together with old friends we'll emulate old console multiplayer split screen or play something like split-screen PC EDF, it's much easier to pop in fresh batteries and go, especially if you're with buddies for a short time and can just borrow some plain AA.

Attached: 1532805337345.jpg (395x387, 18.33K)

>t just doesn't make sense to me not to use AA's or something that can be swapped or charged inside the controller.
Because you've put a barrier to replacing that battery.
You can take it apart and replace the battery pack yourself, but 99.5% of people will just buy another controller instead.

You can just plug a usb cable in and you've got a wired controller.

The problem is that AA batteries are really inefficient in charge-per-volume/weight. People want light, sleek controllers that lasts a long time per charge.

how many clips did u break?

Attached: file.png (360x346, 135.99K)

We should really just switch to 18650 and replace the AA/AAA cylinders we have.

AA's are basically the same as the shit they put in these controllers.

What's the best brand of rechargable AAs?

The technology is the same, but there are parts like the shell that adds no charge but is thick and weights a ton.

>it's much easier to pop in fresh batteries and go,

Attached: tenor (7).gif (220x230, 1.09M)

Best? Eneloop Pro. Basically equivalent down to being made in the same factory? IKEA LADDA 2450.

Attached: 8267715_sa.jpg (376x500, 44.52K)

Consoles and pc need to stop using usb for controllers and go back to a similar connection like PS/2
Inputs on a controller should always take priority

Makes sense but I would believe this more if it was a western and not a jap company that did this. In my experience Japanese stuff is overengineered to be reliable and maintainable. I guess the current tech environment is like this though, I liked how older handhelds like the PSP (I still use mine for emulating) had an easily replaceable battery as well.
I guess I can see it, kinda why I assumed it had to be a form factor decision. I still though can't see it outweighing the convenience, especially if you ever tote your controller around, it would be nice to have an option between the two like how the XB360 had an optional rechargeable battery pack that was better than 2 chargeable AA's IIRC. My newer rechargeable AA's do tend to last longer than I expect them to though I go with Energizer but Eneloop is probably the best

>visit family a bit out of my area, play some vidya with little bros and emulate old consoles with a childhood buddy or two
>oh noes the controller I haven't used in months is lower battery than expected
>either charge forever and/or plug in and risk long cord falling out and dropping connection, or just put in two AA and continue playing

There is a fucking reason it's named USB. UNIVERSAL Serial Bus. USB has practically no difference in input lag and saves everyone in the industry proprietary connector headaches.