Ace Attorney

I don't understand the DL-6 incident.
First of all, why did the police even feel the need to consult a medium? Based on all available evidence, the police would just assume that Yanni Yogi did it, and since this is Japanifornia where prosecutors reign supreme this should have been a slam dunk case and they wouldn't have bothered with mediums either.
Second of all, Maya's mother is dismissed as a quack because she said that Yani Yogi was the killer but he was declared not guilty. Except that the only reason he was declared not guilty was because he pretended to have brain damage, so nobody should have thought she was wrong. And even then, I still don't understand why being dismissed as a quack despite having easily provable powers explains why she had to abandon her children and leave them in the care of her evil sister.
And lastly, elevators aren't airtight so how the fuck were they running out of air? And even if this elevator was airtight, why not use the gun to make holes so that air would come in?

Attached: DL-6.png (960x640, 193.82K)

I think it wasnt airtight. He was just claustrophobic and imagining the air running out.

Then how did an insanity plea citing the lack of air in the elevator as cause for brain damage get through?

Except that everyone in the elevator passed out due to lack of oxygen.

Why are you questioning the logic and realism of Ace Attorney, or any Japanese game for that matter?
As a law student the series is especially hilariously wrong, but I suspend my disbelief because the silliness is part of the charm.

I'm surprised you weren't mad about the more obvious shits
>Somehow the entire courthouse has no security cameras
>The prosecutor somehow managed to carry a gun to court
>The prosecutor also somehow managed to escape the courthouse without dropping a single drop of blood on the floor, and nobody noticed anything wrong about him while on his way out.

Not to mention that said prosecutor was allowed to prosecute his own pupil/adopted son despite the blatant conflict of interest.

When you play Ace Attorney games, you'll just have to use your suspension of disbelief, user. There are plenty of holes in the logic in many cases. 3-5 is especially bad in that regard.

>Why bring Misty in?
They wanted to have an open and shut case with no chance for things to fuck up because this was shaping up to become a massive scandal.
>Why is Misty blamed?
Because this is satire of real life, where this kind of scapegoat shit happens all the time. The government focused their claims on A FUCKING PSYCHIC and failed to stop an insanity plea from going through. Instead of blaming the prosecution for going with such a weak case, the news and public blame the quack who was invited into the legal system.
>How Yogi brain damage???
Fake.
>How'd he get the plea?
He's a good actor, the defense was probably a piece of shit like Grossberg who takes bribes/will accept forged evidence, and Manfred may very well have supplied false medical documentation given Yogi was under his thumb.

>I still don't understand why being dismissed as a quack despite having easily provable powers explains why she had to abandon her children and leave them in the care of her evil sister.
shamefur dispray she had to commit (social) sudoku

they had a very good reputation among the politicians and police and thus when the reputation got ruined the kurain village lost all their power, she would be blamed for this. Well there isn't much detail you kinda just have to assume its a shame thing. They are old fashioned village spirit mediums

It wasn't his gun, it was the baliff gun that he picked up
Von Karma is too tough to bleed or show weakness, he didn't even bother to remove the bullet.

>clearly delirious 10 year old child not of sound mind when killing happens
>prosecute them 15 years later as if a capital crime

Not to mention that even if what Edgeworth had said was true, it was clearly an accident and no court would ever convict him even if he had been an adult.
And then case 1-5 repeated the same shit. ACCIDENTAL KILLING IS NOT MURDER.

>As a law student the series is especially hilariously wrong
i took you a degree to realize that?

>WOW, HOW DID THE LAW ENFORCEMENT DO A SHODDY JOB AND LET A PROSECUTOR GET AWAY WITH BLATANTLY ILLEGAL THINGS? WAS THE WRITER ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL?
>*Cinema Sins Ding*
Sometimes I wonder how many posters on Any Forums have brain damage.

A. The public doesn't believe in ghosts.
B. The police knows ghosts are real because they literally are.
Still, consulting a medium is a no-no because the public doesn't believe in it and the law forbids consulting mediums because that shit's fucking crazy.
>And even if this elevator was airtight, why not use the gun to make holes so that air would come in?
Stranger things have happened.
I wonder when people will finally understand that great stories are always tied together by strange coincidences and people acting like retards. By the way, this is a fucking video game where ghosts are real. And you're arguing about airtight elevators.

Also holy shit the ""remasters"" look fucking terrible.

Pretty sure you CAN try a 10 y/o child for murder (not in Japan though). But no sane prosecutor would. Except the prosecutor for this case is Von Karma. And he's an interested party.

Judge doesn't give a fuck, if he has to go into court, someone is going to jail that day no matter who no matter what.

Attached: phoenix-wright-judge.gif (640x406, 1.64M)

>Not to mention that even if what Edgeworth had said was true, it was clearly an accident and no court would ever convict him even if he had been an adult.
>And then case 1-5 repeated the same shit. ACCIDENTAL KILLING IS NOT MURDER.
Meanwhile GAA 1-2 has an "accidental" murder where the culprit just gets away scot free because she's a cute girl. Gotta love impartial justice!

I'd say that the most blatant conflict of interest (not counting all those times the prosecutor was secretely the murderer of course) was 4-3, where Klavier was prosecuting a murder that occurred at his own concert.

>3-5 is especially bad in that regard.
Hey, what's wrong with honoring your girlfriend's memory by putting the lives of her sister and cousing in peril through inaction and skewering her mother?

>Game critical of legal system and it's hypothetical trajectory has something blatantly immoral happen.

Yes.
That's the fucking point.

To be fair it was revealed that Kazuma hadn't actually died, and Sherlock and the ship's crew all knew that.

And he was trying to pin the murder of a blind frail 10 year-old despite the murder weapon being a gun that would dislocate his shoulder and the fact that he would have had to move a corpse like 5 times his size. Remind me why Klavier is considered the most ethical prosecutor again?

aaaaahhhhh aaaa no spoilers for post AA games aaaaa

Because his stupid ass honestly believed the kid did it.

No one believes your /k/ nerd faggotry. How does using a gun damage you, that makes NO sense. And he wasnt frail, he was 14 and Nordic viking descebdabt (Borginia is in Northern Europe).

How do we know that Kristopher Gavin were a bad guy? Wright gave Apollo forged evidence for the first case and the final case was judged by a "jury" (including the lawyer's mother) without substantial evidence. Kristopher did nothing wrong. I hope we will get a redemption game for him

>elevators hermetically seal off oxygen if power goes out
excellent engineering

>Make a big deal that the legal system needs to be reformed
>Said reform is the jury system, not getting rid of the fucking insane 3-day trial system
>Jury gets dropped in the next game anyway
What was even the point?