Was it really that bad?

Was it really that bad?

Attached: 3222630-untitled-2[1].jpg (960x960, 122.97K)

yes

>tfw the kino we could've had

Attached: When you purge the xenos just right.webm (1920x1080, 521.64K)

No, its alright. It's just that the whole "hero moba" thing isn't what the core audience expected and they wanted a continuation to DOW 2. It's not a bad game, but they should have named it something else, like warhammer 40k : legends.

Compared to 1 and 2 it is
On it's own it's still shit but at least it's pretty

That trailer was cool but i am still a bit baffled over why they went for a Giger artstyle.

yes

I wish it were just WC3: 40k edition

borderline unplayable.
the graphics were the worst offender.
you quite literally COULDNT SEE SHIT.

The campaign was super short and they dumped all the money into a dead multiplayer. The biggest crime of this game is that it killed the series.

The game wasn't actually that bad, it was just mediocre and people were expecting at least the level the two previous games offered. People complain about the heroes, but DOW1 also had hero units (the game didn't call them hero units tho). And DOW2 sucked until they releaseed the expansions.

I think it had potential to be fixed over time, but they just abandoned it. Also, campaign wise, it didn't feel like warhammer 40k at all, at least for me.

they could have just made a last stand mode with the existing models and it would have been enough to salvage something out of multiplayer
motherfuckers even had a hero system in place already

Attached: cats10.gif (297x222, 1018.75K)

>hmm people loved our last game, let's make the successor a totally different game
How hard is it to make Dawn of War with some QoL changes and updated graphics?

I think people got stuck with all the things it could've been (and rightfully so, it doesn't have remotely the quality of a third release of a saga) but I personally think it's just so much better than many other failed similar games.

But what can you do, right? If you support it you're telling the company they can get away with it again, if you don't then you don't get a 4th game.

They could have easily fixed that game. It’s just when everyone hated the changes they made they immediately gave up. I mean it’s not like the series didn’t sell expansions for years and people still play the older ones.

They kinda did that between 1 and 2. Those games play differently but people liked that company of heroes style. I preferred 1 over 2 but I think I’m in a minority.

It was just Starcraft 2 but WH40k. Of course it was universally hated.

Yes.

I just want a spiritual reboot back to DoW1 with decent graphics, dow2 army painter, and bigger map zoom out, is it too much to ask?

>I preferred 1 over 2 but I think I’m in a minority.
I always thought the first game with its expansions were preferred over 2. I know there is still contention with Soulstorm having a shittier storyline compared to Dark Crusade. The modding is what really saves it though since you can unlock the unit counts and just have massive set piece battles provided your toaster could handle it.

Why are you a minority?

Kinda. Unfortunately rts games are not nearly as popular as they used to be. Only a few people like us that want them back.

t. never played SC2

It was nothing like SC

If it was anything like sc2 people would have liked it

Extremely hard considering no one managed to make a decent RTS in decades.

>Decades
2013 was only 9 years ago

A lot of people hated the map size in soulstorm. Like you had to destroy every building but some of those maps were massive. You’d spend 20 minutes hunting the last barracks they had tucked away in a corner.