youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
games4theworld.site/sims-downloads/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

3 is better

4 is better

half based
all cringe

2 is still worth playing

what is the best version of the sims 2 I should get?
The ultimate collection?

youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

Attached: 1639565142596.jpg (970x545, 63.79K)

yea

HOLY FUCK
I remember laughing my fucking ass of as a kid when I saw this, good times

full cringe
games4theworld.site/sims-downloads/
download the "origin ultimate collection"

Great taste fren, no other Sims truely encapsulates the life sim like 2 did.
Sims 3 is the closest to 2 but falls short on the sim elements like actually functioning stores, inventories, and deeper relationships.
Only you're a coomer.
Origin Ultimate Collection if you can find it.

Played the shit out of Castaway as a kid
Never played the actual game though

why should I get the origin one and not the basic one?

>Boot up game
>make a basic as fuck house with a carpenter table
>start making gnomes
>it takes ages to make a single gnome that sells for shit
>hire a maid and keep making gnomes
>chat up the maid every other day if my social needs tank bellow 30%
>as my mechanics skills rise I can craft a gnome in almost no time
>eventually sleep with the maid, fire her and hire a different one to start all over
>lose interest when I reach mechanics lvl8 or so since I craft gnomes so fast I spend more time placing them on the floor than crafting so no more leveling

Is there any other way to play this series?

Ultimate comes with all updates and DLC included and is based off of the official collection on Origin which has better DLC cross compatibility and bugfixes compared to the older "Complete Collection".

great, thanks!

I hate how in S2 only the current household ages while everything else stays the same. So your kids can die of old age sooner than parents if you don't switch constantly between families.

Yeah instead of making a self-insert autist sim you give them a normal life. They go out and do things, learn a few different skills and start a family etc.

No problem fren, have fun!
Lazy Duchess has made/is making a Story Progression mod that backports all the important parts of Sims 3 Progression system to Sims 2 including other Sims aging and marrying etc. Well worth checking out.

Story progression mods and npc aging mods and time passing when off lot mods and all that shit has existed for Sims 2 for a long time now. Problem is the game is not built for it so they're all kind of very janky and Lazy Duchess is probably not going to fare much better than they did because there's just plain engine limitations you can't get around.

btw, do I need to download anything else besides the ultimate origin collection?

Nope, should be all you need.
I've played with Lazy Duchess for a while and found it to be considerably better than any alternative solely due to the fact they are able to mod the game at engine level. Kinda crazy how deep Sims 2 modding has become in the last year or so.

gimme a link to the download, too lazy to look it up and that link doesn't work

SIMS BUSTIN' OUT IS THE BEST SIMS GAME EVER
YOU CANNOT DISPUTE THIS FACT