Hyped up as this new near unkillable mob you have to sneak around

>hyped up as this new near unkillable mob you have to sneak around
>mojang says that towering will not be a valid strategy against him
>he will two or three hit you with full netherite armor
>he will not drop anything but will guard really good treasure
>warden is released after 2 delays
>you can counter him by towering up
>wearing protection IV gear makes him deal basically no damage to you
>the only loot you get from the chests is either not useful to you at all or only useful in the deep dark
How can you fuck something up this badly?

Attached: warden.png (500x800, 162.78K)

Literally reskinned iron golem but with annoying blindness effect

You forgot the part where they not only delayed half the update but also canceled more than half the contents. Mojang is a joke

Didn't they add that beam attack that goes through walls and insta kills you?

If you have Protection IV it only deals one and a half hearts of damage to you.

To be fair nothing is dangerous once you have armor with 96% damage reduction

Damn. I mean, I'm not that surprised, Mojang is deathly afraid to make big changes that change how the game is played, but 1.5 damage is pretty low.

Yeah but he was hyped up as being extremely deadly no matter how strong your defenses are. His whole shtick was "you should sneak around him instead of taking him in direct combat". They didn't do a good job with it, though.

Another mod that is practically useless. Good job. What's next for Mojang?

It's also a game marketed at 8 year olds and people who can't read. Difficult and deadly go against that entirely. Instead you get the presentation of a challenge that's actually hard to fail at so people feel good when they beat it or get the shitty treasure.

The Wild Update Part 2 featuring fireflies (of the non toxic variety), the birch forest, one new wood type, and one new useless mob with useless drops. Coming mid to late 2023.

>the only loot you get from the chests is either not useful to you at all or only useful in the deep dark
This + 2 delays are my only issues with the Warden. Exploring the Ancient Ruins seems unsatisfactory.

small indie studio

You can distract him with a fucking bell. Just set up a constantly ringing bell and they'll crowd around it not knowing what to do. Beyond pathetic.

The redstone tutorials in that area are the most retarded idea mojang has ever had.

why

Exactly, why would you "reward" the player with such thing? It could be a good little thing in villages or new structures but here makes no sense.

The mob itself if a joke, feels like one of those horror game trope monsters chasing you.
Also mojang really shat the bed with that update, we got no bundles and no archeology and the only items from the deep dark are a disc and a way to make a compass (which is useless if you have sense of direction).

I haven't played Minecraft in like 8 years, can you still craft every item in the game or is it more RPG style now with treasure loot and dungeons and stuff?

Attached: 1636835070129.jpg (479x450, 61.26K)

Can be blocked with a shield, which is probably your best way to escape it along with pillaring up, be sure to have a few more of them since his attacks eats the shield.
I don't even think it's about reward, probably some lore stuff like the disc fragments you have to assemble.

>still
you haven't been able to craft everything since music discs and saddles were added

>archeology
I forgot this was a thing. Seemed pointless so I don't care. Bundles however were useful last time I used them, rip. Can't wait for them to announce more shit that will get delayed or scrapped.