Does the official death of E3 make you sad?

Does the official death of E3 make you sad?

Attached: file.png (796x598, 550.54K)

No, I'm sick of getting disappointed every year. Good riddance.

Why the fuck did anyone watch a glorified commercial in the first place.

Yes very much so. I was looking forward for Todd's new games.

Attached: john smith vg consumer.jpg (600x579, 38.93K)

No, with the current state of gaming it's better that way. Last E3 had too much alphabet people propaganda and only Xbox and Nintendo showed games.

Why would I be sad?

E3 hasn't even existed in any real sense after they made it invite-only and banned the strippers from the booths. That was, what, 2005? Maybe even earlier. In any case it was already dead in spirit.

Nope, it was just deceitful advertising.

>E3 hasn't even existed in any real sense after they made it invite-only
You mean after they stopped doing invite-only? It used to be only for developers and industry people with just a bit of press coverage. Then it became pretty much open to everyone.

It was fun to see the board united for bad or for good desu, i'm going to actually miss it.

Same, me too, of course I'm going to miss it. It was a giant video gaming reveal event that was a yearly staple, it is something to be sad about.

Attached: MeatyTallBonobo-small.gif (500x296, 997.03K)

Yes
Used to be a bunch of awesome games get announced
Then it was an equal amount of hilariously tone deaf presentations and some cool games
Even now it's mostly bad skits that are great to laugh at and one or two games that look interesting it still had something of value.
Let alone it was nice to hear about new games in one place. Now I gotta tune into like 10 different live streams on dates I won't know because following the social media of a corporation is insanity to me. Fuck.

Nothing beats Ubisoft taking a moment of silence for a mass shooting while the just dance skit just ended so there's dozens of people in goofy costumes having a somber moment.

Attached: 1650463382341.jpg (680x625, 78.14K)

>won't know because following the social media of a corporation is insanity to me
Why? thats literaly the point of social media

Not really. Honestly for the past few years I've mostly just been watching for Nintendo stuff and they stopped having live conferences ages ago.

I hadn't heard anything about E3 2022, I didn't even know what this thread was referring to, but I just did a quick google search, and although it seems as though E3 2022 is officially cancelled, they said there will be plans for an E3 2023 event. So I guess this doesn't mean E3 is cancelled for good? I thought that's what this thread was implying.

Any Forums is the closest I get to social media.
That said, the point of social media should be... socializing. Not following a corporation around like a lost dog.
You do you, I judge but I'm unhappy so maybe you're the one that's correct
No one's sure yet if it's deaf for good but not even having a digital conference is probably a bad sign

main reason they died wasnt the cringe moments IMO, these game companies found out that it was likely cheaper to just do their own little presentations in smaller venues with relatively the same audience turnout. E3 used to help hype these companies up but as of recent the opposite was occurring and the companies decided that they were done doing this service for no reason.

Sorry the second part of
Is in response to you, not

Attached: image%3A114115.jpg (344x480, 38.79K)

Maybe ten or eleven years ago. Now...nah.

I see your reply. Well, I hope it's not gone for good, although not holding even a digital event this year is concerning. I wonder how many years it's been since there hasn't been an E3 in any capacity.

It's for the best I guess. For the past several conferences, it's only been worthwhile to watch E3 just for the Nintendo related announcements and to laugh at Any Forums's reactions to the cringe and rage inducing moments.

Not really. The only fun part was laughing at the downfall of western civilization with everyone.

It's all cringey "us gamers lmao" shit and I never enjoyed watching cool looking trailers for games that ended up being dogshit, last E3 I watched was when Anthem was revealed and my roommate was a snide prick and said it was going to kill Destiny 2, look how that turned out

only point in watching e3, award shows, etc is the awkward moments and the forced shit

It was pointless anyway since the GOAT has retired.

Attached: egEGe.png (900x900, 234.53K)

>stops it right before all the gumballs spill out

why

I’ll miss laughing at it and all of the tone-deaf marketers trying to sell their turds

Not really. I haven't cared about the majority of the video game industry for the longest time and there's not a lot to even show anymore and when they do show things it's just cinematic trailers. It was entertaining watching the companies embarrasses themselves with their presentations, but they don't really do them anymore.

A little bit, I liked E3 cringe compilations and the silly consolewar shit happening every time. I'll also miss hearing the crowd reaction to big game reveals, even though most of them were paid actors during the later years of E3.