So apparently, Nintendo considers Metroid to be a household name...

So apparently, Nintendo considers Metroid to be a household name. Now I can't help but try to imagine what this IP would look like if it was Mario tier, with tons of mainline games and spinoffs.

Attached: 1434129708691.png (500x343, 14.33K)

>Series sells well but Japs don't like it
>Perpetuate the myth that it sells poorly so you don't have to make games that only filthy gaijin like
I hate Nintendo

>Prime
>Pinball
>Hunters
>Federation force
>Other M
Metroid has tons of spinoffs

All those are Canon except pinball

>Prime
>Prime
>Prime
>Prime
>failed mainline game
Give me the Metroid RPG or a shoot-em-up

Ninty just called it a household name, that's far from pretending it's hated.

There's only one spinoff there.

Metroid slice of life when

>RPG
Paper Metroid: The Thousand Year Door

You joke, but I'd be down for a Metroid visual novel.

Metroid Retro Shooter with rocket jumping, speed, wall jumping, speed, long jumping, more speed, and best of all
insane fucking movement mechanics to filter out normalfags

Well, Retro did want to put in some bounty missions. A straight action shooter would do the trick.

I'd actually love a Metroid shmup game.

Okay, but do you mean a Doom-clone, a Contra-like run and gun, or a side scrolling vehicle based shooter?

Doom, let those mercury people go all out with the glory kills so the 2d series can be more focused on what made it great. Maybe even have a crossover / romance plot with doomguy just for shits and gigs

Attached: 1623961450855.jpg (1208x1101, 242.06K)

Not that I'm complaining, but that is surprising that they consider Metroid a household name.

it's not surprising, it's just that retarded internet forum analysts can't see any value in an IP outside of the amount of sales it gets

>Mario
Given
>Donkey Kong
Given, also they just recently released a port on the Switch
>The Legend of Zelda
Given
>Metroid
Metroid as a franchise and Samus as a character are incredibly iconic, it's actual sales are irrelevant to that. Also again a new hot release just came out so a good time to shill it
>Animal Crossing
Horizons sold gangbusters, so naturally
>Pikmin
The only one on here that really screams of cope.
>Splatoon
Splatoon was a hit from the start, even on the Wii U, so yeah

Pikmin really is the big outlier. Honestly feels like Miyamoto just went: Better put my pet series there or else

Pokemon and Splatoon have never been referenced on Simpsons or Family Guy, they are not iconic for normalfags.

>Metroid RPG
Isometric diablo like with chozo themed powerups for gear and they change Power suit and beams and shit

Prime but morrowind

Samus & Sylux supernova saga

Splatoon is young enough that I can believe it as it was well after Simpson's hayday, but Pokemon?

Sorry, meant Pikmin.

>Also again a new hot release just came out so a good time to shill it
Hm. Logical.

They just called it that because it was one of the games being ad\advertised at the time, don't look into it much. Pikmin is no where near a household name but was included for 3 delux