Why did people stop caring about PoE? Did D2R steal their players?

Why did people stop caring about PoE? Did D2R steal their players?

Attached: 1625626267847.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

It's the same fucking game. Stacking countless mechanics on top of it doesn't change that. I can't stand the fucking acts anymore. They should ad something like the adventure mode in D3.

Because it's a F2P cashcow. I respect myself more than that.

>Why did people stop caring about PoE?
Heists sucked

>muh adventure mode
>t. D3 was my first arpg
I fucking hate you retards

This league had some abrasive changes that they have now pulled back from somewhat. PoE still gets peakish players every league. Any Forums never really talks about it much for whatever reason.

I can smell your stench from here.

Any Forums doesn’t play video games.

Aging isometric ARPG community, by the time PoE 2 comes out (if ever) I will be in my later 30's.
I just don't give a shit anymore, the game is so bloated and time consuming now the only rational way you can consume it, is if you're a streamer making money playing it, even as a neet it's insulting to your time.
Back in the day of 3-4 Acts, playing PoE HC was akin to a decent roguelike experience, time investment per "attempt" was low, didn't even have to full complete the story campaign to engage with the endgame, was great.
Now the game requires hundreds of hours to get your character to a point where it feels satisfying, all the fun content is gated behind layers upon layers of RNG, all in their vain attempt to increase steam chart numbers and "player retention".
I have Chris on my friends list, he only made it to Act 4 this league before he had enough and quit completely, yet he still insists of forcing everyone to run the 10 act slog every time when he can't even stand to do it himself, fucking hypocrite.

They delayed 4.0 too long, deliberately withholding core updates the game desperately needs immediately, just so they have more "Launch features" to shill PoE 2.
Were unironically heading into 3.20+ patches, over 5 years without any major overhauls of the core game. Mental.

I realized that while the character building was fun the gameplay was more shallow than even Diablo 3, on top of that the developers care more about retention than making the game good which made the game feel insufferable to play. Now I go back and play a few days of Diablo 3 each season while waiting for D4 and Last Epoch to come out.

This is such a weird view to have on it. It's easier than ever to get into endgame. The game has become much more casual in regards to that. It took me 150 hours to get to level 90 in hc back in 2014. The pacing of the game was way slower back then even though it had way fewer mechanics. Any competency at the game and you're in maps in single digit hours and in red maps not long after that. I agree the content has become bloated but it definitely is not more time consuming.

Having a shoehorned in skill rotation system doesn't make the gameplay less shallow than poe.

It quite literally does user but thanks for recognizing it

Same thing that happened to blizzard themselves, bloat, arrogance and too much time running spent with the game slowly in decline and not enough time cleaning it up and fixing it.

>Ignore community
>Refuse to acknowledge trade issue
>Tencent
>Nerfs nerfs nerfs
Can't wait for PoE2 to fail.

I fucking hate doing the acts again every league. If i could map or delve from level 1 I would play

I love the acts. It gets boring when you get to maps.

I miss ritual

I try to keep my interest but once I hit T16s I get bored. The challenges are insane this league and I don't really feel like even trying

Isn't this game just full of loud hardcore playing vegans

>hardcucks

They botched the League launch.

They keep bending over backwards to please streamers and streamers are fucking retarded.